1(in rugby)saque de banda masculine
- The visitors started well and from a line-out the ball went to lock Craig Rika, who put centre Mark Billington over under the posts for a try in the third minute, fly half Mark Sales adding the conversion.
- He provided his usual high-standard service in the line-out and was a powerhouse in the loose as well.
- Their line-outs proved shaky on a few occasions and their game would have benefited from being opened up more, especially in midfield.
- The match's key moments were 6 minutes in when George Smith was penalised for offside as Lions drive forward from a line-out.
- Among the things which had been so encouraging in the Romanian match was not just the line-out but the set scrum and here, too, Scotland built on the previous week's display.
- The try-count of 3-1 does not reflect the performance of the Newbridge pack and their control of the scrum and line-outs in a good forward's performance.
- With such a formidable pack, introduce more 3rd row and forward play off line-outs, scrums and rucks and mauls.
- West then rounded-off an unstoppable forward drive from a line-out a few metres out to give his side a commanding 20-3 lead at half-time.
- The home team got back into contention with a try from young lock Jason Easton after home forwards drove a line-out for fully 20 yards.
- Quins' next try came when prop Lou Clancy took the ball on from a line-out and Avon's defence was broken, allowing scrum-half Saskia Brazier-Kobus to run through to score.