In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in rugby)saque de banda masculine
- The visitors started well and from a line-out the ball went to lock Craig Rika, who put centre Mark Billington over under the posts for a try in the third minute, fly half Mark Sales adding the conversion.
- He provided his usual high-standard service in the line-out and was a powerhouse in the loose as well.
- Their line-outs proved shaky on a few occasions and their game would have benefited from being opened up more, especially in midfield.
- The match's key moments were 6 minutes in when George Smith was penalised for offside as Lions drive forward from a line-out.
- Among the things which had been so encouraging in the Romanian match was not just the line-out but the set scrum and here, too, Scotland built on the previous week's display.
- The try-count of 3-1 does not reflect the performance of the Newbridge pack and their control of the scrum and line-outs in a good forward's performance.
- With such a formidable pack, introduce more 3rd row and forward play off line-outs, scrums and rucks and mauls.
- West then rounded-off an unstoppable forward drive from a line-out a few metres out to give his side a commanding 20-3 lead at half-time.
- The home team got back into contention with a try from young lock Jason Easton after home forwards drove a line-out for fully 20 yards.
- Quins' next try came when prop Lou Clancy took the ball on from a line-out and Avon's defence was broken, allowing scrum-half Saskia Brazier-Kobus to run through to score.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.