In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Northbound traffic had to be diverted for a number of hours while the truck and its load of linseed and rape-seed was cleared from the motorway.
- Mild oily purgatives like castor oil or bulk laxatives such as linseed or psyllium seeds are recommended.
- The staple diet of maple peas, tic beans and vetches slowly grows to incorporate red rape, black rape, dari, linseed and mung beans.
- Simply grind in a coffee grinder or high-powered blender 3 measures of linseed, two measures of sunflower seeds and one measure of almonds to make a delicious nutty tasting powder.
- Safflower, sunflower, hemp, linseed, sesame, black currant and pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of EFA's, protein, plant hormones and fibre.
- Crops such as oilseed and linseed which can be produced in bulk and processed quickly and efficiently may in future be modified to produce the anticoagulant hirudin which is found naturally in leeches.
- These can be found in seeds such as sunflower and linseed and some vegetable oils.
- In 1984, when famine was at its height, the country was still exporting linseed, cottonseed and rapeseed grains to the UK and Europe for livestock feed.
- A high fibre diet, plenty of water, and a dessert spoon of linseeds each day should help.
- In the United States, flax is now grown for seed - linseed, for example - mostly in North Dakota.
- Flax is currently grown here for its seed, linseed, mostly in North Dakota.
- And, for the record, I've found my perfect sandwich loaf a mixture of Carrs strong white, coarse brown and wholemeal with caraway, pumpkin, sesame, sunflower and linseeds.
- Similarly, in a study of soy versus linseed versus wheat supplemented diets the reduction in the rate of hot flushes after 12 weeks was greatest in the wheat diet phase, when the women had very low urine isoflavone excretion.
- Flax seeds - sometimes called linseeds - are tiny golden seeds from the flax plant.
- Choose cereal based products such as breads which include soy, linseed and rye.
- If you're looking for a short-cut, try adding linseeds to your diet.
- Suggested foods rich in natural oestrogen are pulses, linseed, nuts, Began bread, and plants containing natural phyto chemicals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.