In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1leer los labios
- Community supports are also provided including sign language classes and lip-reading to improve communication skills.
- He's talking to her, and from what I can tell from my knowledge in lip-reading, it's something about the dishwasher.
- Although the effectiveness of cochlear implants varies, they do restore some useful hearing that can enhance lip-reading and sometimes provide a good level of speech understanding, sufficient for conversing by telephone.
- The reality is that she will learn to lip-read and it is up to the people around her to try to understand how to speak.
- Speak slowly and face the swimmer when giving instructions to facilitate lip-reading.
- ‘Sorry,’ I slipped into the seat next to Greg, ‘I'm not so good at lip-reading.’
- For people who have experienced hearing loss at a later age, lip-reading (watching a person's mouth movements to understand what they are saying) is a very useful tool.
- It was as if he was lip-reading while he listened, making sure nothing went unheard.
- In addition, if I was talking to someone who couldn't sign, I would have to lip-read and that can be very difficult.
- If she could have lip-read I think she would have understood!
- She has 20% hearing in her left ear and 80% in her right, but this is barely perceptible because her speech is unaffected and she lip-reads (she does not use a hearing aid).
- The trick was to keep her eyes on his lips, so she could maybe lip-read what he said too softly to hear.
- Karen was born hearing impaired and learned to lip-read but, after her hearing failed completely in October 2002, she decided to have the operation when she discovered she was eligible for treatment.
- And lip-reading classes will teach people who are hard of hearing how to read lip patterns in order to better understand the words being said.
- Instead, she wants her daughter to lip-read and speak.
- She lip-reads, and at home little Elliott often helps with his finger spelling when his mum cannot make out a consonant.
- But throughout his arrest and trial, Ian was left unable to communicate as he could not lip-read Hindi or read Hindi documents and no interpreter was provided.
- Katie's hearing began to deteriorate in 1997 and she had to rely on hearing aids and lip-reading.
- We have worked with women in the past who could lip-read but no-one who could sign.
- He had no idea what was being said because it was dark and he couldn't lip-read, and he was being spoken to in Hindi, which he couldn't understand.
1she lip-read what I was saying to her — me leyó los labios
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.