In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He also liquefied carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, and hydrogen bromide in a similar manner.
- Virtually all ships from the Middle East carrying oil, liquefied petroleum gas or liquefied natural gas destined for Asia pass through the straits, according to Jane's Intelligence Review.
- Propellants are liquefied gasses which have a low boiling point and vapor pressure high enough to expel the concentrate from the container.
- Neon, because it has such a low boiling point, doesn't liquefy with the other gases but hovers above the liquid air and can be removed.
- There are more than 25 world-scale units exporting principally ammonia, methanol, steel products and, more recently, liquefied natural gas.
- Another solution could be to liquefy the gas and pump it through existing oil pipelines.
- An American company came up with the idea of exporting natural gas to Europe by liquefying it at very cold temperatures and shipping it.
- A better approach may involve retrieving the hydrate intact and then liquefying it on ships or drilling platforms.
- According to one scenario, coal would react with steam and oxygen before combustion to produce hydrogen and carbon dioxide, with the carbon dioxide liquefied and stored underground in deep aquifers or other geological formations.
- A decision on the application to store and handle liquified natural gas at the former refinery was due to be made on Wednesday.
- The critical pressure is the amount of pressure required to liquefy water at the critical temperature.
- This point has never actually been achieved, since gases liquefy before they reach this temperature and they are no longer subject to the gas laws.
- To meet the shortfall one alternative is to import liquefied natural gas from offshore.
- Under the initial contract, the two companies will each contribute US $500,000 for oil and liquefied natural gas exploration in the targeted area.
- The industry is now converting large quantities of this gas to liquefied natural gas for export to energy-deficient countries, primarily in the Far East.
- India's first liquefied natural gas terminal at Dahej will be ready for business in about 100 days.
- Air is first cooled to the point at which all of the gases in it liquefy (close to - 328°F / - 200°C).
- The hydrogen is used to fuel the power station, while the harmful carbon dioxide is liquefied and then piped underground for storage.
- But the combination of temperature and air pressure has liquefied the methane, and the first images sent back from Huygens seem to show streams, rivers, and lakes of the stuff.
- An important milestone in the history of carbon monoxide came in 1877 when the French physicist Louis Paul Cailletet found a method for liquefying the gas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.