In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Drain the pineapple and strain the poaching liquid through a fine mesh sieve.
- Water and mercury are liquids at room temperature so they get the vapor title.
- As air is beaten into the mixture, the egg whites become a frothy liquid with the consistency of an egg cream.
- The common glycols are colorless liquids with specific gravities greater than that of water.
- Drinking plenty of liquids such as water, fruit juice, and vegetable juice can help prevent dehydration.
- He had no sooner poured the amber liquid into the glass when he heard something run into his door.
- The volume of the liquids is constant, so the curvature of their interface will change.
- The thick brown liquid sloshed in the bottle as she turned it over in her hands.
- Authorities released a dispersing liquid into the coastal waters to dilute the slick.
- She propped him up and Anna forced him to drink the liquid in the cup.
- Chromatography is a technique for analyzing mixtures of gases, liquids, or dissolved substances.
- Each person then sips the liquid through a silver tube.
- First, you should always drink plenty of liquids (water is the best).
- Only a slight pool of a shimmering silver liquid on the floor made him stop and take notice.
- Pour additional reserved cooking liquid into the mold.
- Place over medium heat until almost all of the liquid in the pan has evaporated.
- Sand is a good and inexpensive filter through which a solution of solids and liquids can be passed to separate out the liquid.
- He poured the steaming hot liquid into her cup.
- The solid that dissolves in a liquid is the solute and the liquid in which it dissolves is the solvent.
- Drink plenty of liquids, such as water, juice or tea.
- Indeed, the poems themselves employ a vocabulary of linguistics: plosive, liquids, vocables, vowels, consonants.
1(oxygen/metal/soap) líquidoliquid diet — dieta hídrica feminine
- we had a liquid lunch — en vez de comer nos tomamos unas copas
- Neon, because it has such a low boiling point, doesn't liquefy with the other gases but hovers above the liquid air and can be removed.
- Try to alternate between some of the different liquid fertilisers I have mentioned.
- When the seedlings appear, fertilise with half strength liquid fertiliser and mulch.
- During the growing season (late spring to autumn), keep the plant watered and apply a liquid feed every month, as the compost must be moist in winter.
- Therefore liquid hydrogen tanks would need to be much larger and at the same time stronger and insulated in order to hold the extremely cold liquid hydrogen.
- A second later, this led to the structural failure of the external tank, igniting the liquid hydrogen and oxygen it carried into a fireball.
- Feed in spring and summer with a balanced liquid fertiliser, to help speed up growth and enhance the plant's health.
- In one week, fertilise with half strength liquid fertiliser.
- Place one pint of liquid fertilizer in the jar and add two teaspoons of the liquid herbicide.
- After they have been planted for a week, fertilise with half-strength liquid fertiliser.
- All pots were watered regularly until mid-July and supplied with liquid inorganic fertilizer on a monthly basis.
- There are a variety of less-polluting oil and gas fuels, including liquid petroleum gas, liquefied natural gas and compressed natural gas.
- Leaf samples were cut into small pieces and ground with a pinch of sand, liquid nitrogen, and a cold mortar and pestle.
- The engines are fuelled by liquid petroleum gas, which means that there is no risk of a fire breaking out.
- Seventy-two percent use both liquid and granular fertilizers on their courses.
- Feed plants regularly with a balanced granular fertilizer or liquid plant food.
- You could cull some duds in advance by calculating whether the planet was in the habitable zone - the proper distance from its sun for water to be liquid.
- Most strippers have either a semi-paste or a thin liquid consistency, the premium agent of which is methylene chloride.
- I flushed hundreds of eyes with water and liquid antacid.
- At the top of the cylinder, there is a smaller cylinder filled with a compressed gas - liquid carbon dioxide, for example.
- Gazpachos can thus range in consistency from very liquid to almost solid.
- About midnight, they'll start putting 500,000 gallons of liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen in it.
- Phillips then explained that the standard cooling technique of immersing something in a cold medium, such as liquid nitrogen, is often not adequate.
- The cream's liquid consistency should be absorbed by the skin 30 minutes before sun exposure so it doesn't rub off easily.
- The pilot wears a pressure suit and uses the onboard liquid oxygen system for breathing at high altitudes.
- We know how to laugh about pain, because ultimately in the scope of this enormous complex universe our tiny struggles are as significant as a crumb of eggshell in a vat of liquid concrete.
- The liquid solution works by binding to anything it is attracted to, such as cement or lime.
- Some of the cars will use extremely cold liquid hydrogen; others will use hydrogen in a compressed, gaseous form.
- When seedlings appear apply a liquid fertiliser at half strength.
- The subtle sweetness and refreshing flavor that linger reminds you of sunshine in liquid form.
- They also wanted a second look at a liquid hydrogen pressurization relief valve that cycled more times during the first tanking test than is standard.
- The salts considerably lower the freezing point, meaning that, despite the big chill, water can remain in liquid form, which all known life forms require.
- I found some liquid soap in the small closet around the corner along the hallway.
- During the eight and a half minutes of main engine burn time, those pumps will have moved about 528,600 gallons of liquid hydrogen and oxygen.
- Grudgingly, and with a countenance colder than liquid nitrogen, Cora turned and stormed off down the hall.
- As your bulbs finish flowing, don't cut them back, but continue to feed them with liquid fertiliser over the foliage.
- The regency's environmental agency had sent warnings to 25 companies earlier this year for allegedly dumping their liquid waste into the rivers.
- Real snow was to have been made on site by spraying air, water, and liquid nitrogen under pressure.
- Among those are variations on fuel cells, some of which use liquid methanol, water and a catalyst to drive a reaction which generates electricity.
- Allow the chocolate to melt over the hot water and stir it occasionally until it has achieved a liquid consistency.
- Embryogenic tissues were homogenized to a very fine powder in liquid nitrogen and then sugar extraction was carried out.
- They believe that this underground fluid was mainly liquid carbon dioxide.
- Frozen leaves were ground to a powder in a mortar with a pestle in the presence of liquid nitrogen in a cold room.
- This would be consistent with liquid methane falling on the surface for eons.
- For three long days, this will be your only liquid source - your water.
- Simply mix the liquid solution with water and sprinkle over your already decaying organic material.
2Financelíquidoliquid assets — activo líquido / disponible / realizable masculine
- The best asset plays are those that hold large chunks of cash, liquid investments and property - items that are readily re-usable or re-saleable.
- We recommend you hold around three to six months of your net salary in liquid assets (that can be readily converted to cash).
- The remainder is invested in liquid assets such as cash and money market instruments.
- These liquid assets are sometimes referred to as ‘general collateral’.
- Borrowers will also desire less debt, since balance sheet liquidity is a concept in which debt is netted against liquid assets.
- There are no liquid assets aside from money, unless there is a central bank.
- Ten percent of it must be in the form of Singapore government securities, with the rest in the form of cash or other liquid assets.
- Since stocks are a liquid asset, cashing out for an emergency or for a planned expense can be handled fairly easily.
- In other words, any mixture of liquid assets will be classified as money as long as this mixture passes the correlation test.
- Investments must be in financially sound firms with highly liquid shares.
- He said the ratio of liquid assets to total deposits and short term liabilities was above the minimum prudential norm of 50 per cent.
- So if it has a bad month and it has no supply of liquid assets like a money market account, the company has nothing to make its necessary payments.
- It is also crucial to recognize that most productive assets are not liquid; they are significantly immobile or irreversible.
- At the same time, greatly heightened demand for safe and liquid assets encouraged shifts from equity markets into deposit assets.
- Although he has slipped recently in the rich lists, he is still reckoned to have around £1 billion of liquid assets to hand.
- Most of the wealth has shifted into liquid assets, as uncertain investors stay out of the markets.
- The extent to which the assets of the monetary system consist of ultimate liquid assets is a qualitative characteristic of the money supply.
- All are short-term, highly liquid assets that can easily be converted into cash and used as currency.
- ‘All assets, both fixed and liquid, will be reverted to the new government,’ he said.
- This is simplest if you have spare cash, shares or other liquid assets that can easily be siphoned off into a trust when you die.
- They favored quiet meadows where they could gaze at the world through dark, liquid eyes.
- The windows of buildings were filled with a liquid dark and alleyways receded into nothing.
- Now though, as she saw Eve's soft liquid brown eyes gazing softly down at her, she could no longer hold it in anymore.
- Twirling a lock of his long white beard around a finger, the old man looked solemnly at me as his dark liquid eyes gazed at me intently.
- My attention shifted to Jason, who was currently looking straight at his cousin, his dark eyes pensive, liquid pools of thought.
- With dark, liquid eyes, black gloves and dramatic eye masks, black - footed ferrets are elegant hunters.
- My truth is warm liquid dark eyes and truly good people.
- This lake, though looking as liquid as water, was not clear, but black.
- It glided through the evening air, half song and half word, a sound of liquid calm and cool darkness.
- From the clipped liquid sounds it spoke I'd guess it had gotten little more than half the sounds I'd spoken.
- He is undoubtedly a driving force behind the band, his lilting, liquid bass lines underpinning the more ethereal, fractured sound that surrounds them.
- The liquid sound is then further energised by succussion (shaking vigorously).
- These nests and this large songbird's melodious, liquid calls are signatures of the Neotropical lowlands.
- Pure liquid trills of a Bulbul coming from some nearby tree bought a smile of delight to his lips.
- Sometimes, Mackenzie can be surprisingly conventional in terms of his chosen amplifier sound: warm and mellow, with a liquid tone.
- The gentle liquid sound of the pool was louder when the wind came.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.