In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(soap/metal/oxygen) líquidoliquid diet — dieta hídrica
- we had a liquid lunch — en vez de comer nos tomamos unas copas
- The volume of the liquids is constant, so the curvature of their interface will change.
- Each person then sips the liquid through a silver tube.
- Only a slight pool of a shimmering silver liquid on the floor made him stop and take notice.
- First, you should always drink plenty of liquids (water is the best).
- Sand is a good and inexpensive filter through which a solution of solids and liquids can be passed to separate out the liquid.
- Drinking plenty of liquids such as water, fruit juice, and vegetable juice can help prevent dehydration.
- The thick brown liquid sloshed in the bottle as she turned it over in her hands.
- She propped him up and Anna forced him to drink the liquid in the cup.
- The common glycols are colorless liquids with specific gravities greater than that of water.
- He poured the steaming hot liquid into her cup.
- Water and mercury are liquids at room temperature so they get the vapor title.
- Place over medium heat until almost all of the liquid in the pan has evaporated.
- Drain the pineapple and strain the poaching liquid through a fine mesh sieve.
- Drink plenty of liquids, such as water, juice or tea.
- Pour additional reserved cooking liquid into the mold.
- As air is beaten into the mixture, the egg whites become a frothy liquid with the consistency of an egg cream.
- Authorities released a dispersing liquid into the coastal waters to dilute the slick.
- He had no sooner poured the amber liquid into the glass when he heard something run into his door.
- The solid that dissolves in a liquid is the solute and the liquid in which it dissolves is the solvent.
- Chromatography is a technique for analyzing mixtures of gases, liquids, or dissolved substances.
- Indeed, the poems themselves employ a vocabulary of linguistics: plosive, liquids, vocables, vowels, consonants.
2Financelíquidoliquid assets — activo líquido / disponible / realizable
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.