In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1parafina líquida feminineaceite de parafina masculine
- Among the dodgy remedies are cowpats to draw boils, liquid paraffin to ease constipation and vinegar for almost everything.
- Also, whereas the first study used liquid paraffin as a placebo, the second study used sunflower oil, which is better tolerated and less likely to affect the placebo response adversely.
- In children we used olive oil instead, to avoid any laxative effect of liquid paraffin.
- The burn should be covered with a bland ointment such as liquid paraffin.
- I have also used emollients like liquid paraffin and dermadew two to three times daily.
- The distal portion of the cut nerve was placed over bipolar platinum electrodes and immersed in liquid paraffin warmed to 37 [degrees] C and contained in a bath that was formed by raising the skin flaps of the wound.
- The maintenance phase consisted of ‘Agarol’ (active ingredients: liquid paraffin, phenolphthalein, benzoic acid, and sorbic acid) 5-30 ml once or twice daily, senna granules, or bisacodyl tablets.
- So, late last night, I dosed him with medicinal liquid paraffin, delivered through one of those plastic syringes they use for small children these days.
- The first one involved usage of liquid paraffin for immersing nerves while dissecting and recording from them.
- Many of these cases are successfully treated with liquid paraffin by stomach tube, to break up the impaction and lubricate the intestine, together with painkillers.
- After being soaked in strong soap-suds, brushed and sprayed with liquid paraffin, a less than fresh orange suddenly becomes an attractive fruit.
- But after vets gave him liquid paraffin he was able to pass the fragments from his body and was re-homed with a family from Berkshire this week.
- The government response came after health authorities in India expressed concerns over the US company's baby oil products which use liquid paraffin as the base.
- The treatments for this are nursery-esque: liquid paraffin with dinner, for example.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.