In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1liquidador masculineliquidadora feminine
- They appointed a liquidator to an undoubtedly insolvent company that has no assets.
- The banks and Revenue Commissioners did not object to the liquidator's appointment.
- Instead, they face weeks of wrangling with the firm's liquidators.
- A liquidator would also be obliged to notify creditors before selling assets to a former director.
- Anyone who paid by cash or cheque would have to wait until receivers or liquidators had been appointed to deal with the firm.
- The liquidators will not ask for delisting until there is no hope of a buy-out.
- No-one was in any doubt that the best option for creditors was the appointment of an examiner, rather than a liquidator.
- Its assets were auctioned internationally by the liquidators.
- As noted above, an unregistered company charge is void as against both subsequent creditors and the liquidator and administrator.
- The liquidators themselves have first call on the company's assets to pay their fees.
- It also said that office of the official liquidator should be closed and the trustee should exercise all powers and functions.
- Previously, liquidators did not have to provide their reports to directors.
- Its office received 699 reports from liquidators last year.
- The knock-on effect is that liquidators will not take on jobs where there is no money in the failed company to cover their fees.
- Under UK insolvency law they're last in line to be paid when businesses are wound up behind former staff, secured creditors, liquidators and the tax man.
- We are providing all the assistance we can to both the police and the liquidators.
- Accountancy sources said the office originally rejected the advice of the liquidator on a large number of cases.
- But the bank has since refused to negotiate over the £70 million plus costs it is claiming from the liquidators.
- The liquidator looked for clarification but got none, his counsel added.
- He said the company would work with the liquidator on ways to discharge its debts to creditors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.