In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Companies also become vulnerable when they no longer clear the hurdles for initial inclusion, such as market value and trading liquidity.
- This created a situation of low liquidity in the market and, according to him, it is easier to influence the market in times of low volume.
- The same mechanism can be extended for dollar liquidity.
- ‘We have notions of linkages between liquidity and the bond markets, and between liquidity and different assets,’ says Diamond.
- Having ample cash is great for liquidity, but money sitting around as cash is not working for you and thus is not very advantageous.
- Irish businesses are facing the most serious liquidity squeeze in years.
- All investors should have cash holdings, if only to furnish liquidity for short-term requirements or emergencies.
- Purchasing securities from a primary dealer and paying for them with cash adds liquidity to the banking system.
- In the long term we should never again have currency crisis interest rates, nor liquidity shortages of any manifest kind.
- Potentially, an economy can stagnate until the crisis eases by sufficient liquidity coming back into general circulation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.