In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The services will offer listeners more choice and variety, with an interference-free sound.
- Her theme was Nutrition for Older People and she dealt with a number of queries from her listeners.
- We can't do what we do without our listeners getting behind us and supporting us financially.
- Will he be able to keep radio listeners tuned in?
- But judging from the ratings they did so to the liking and approval of many listeners.
- There is so much sickness that I want to remind listeners that everyone has goodness in them.
- Often, in the run-up to Christmas, it's listeners looking for the best place to by a gadget on line on the cheap.
- Will we alienate our loyal, core listeners if we dramatically change our story content?
- To those who are avid radio listeners, the programmes have a quality of their own.
- The distinctive wallets usually arrive on listeners ' doormats on Fridays.
- She now has 5.4 million listeners, down 430,000 on the previous quarter.
- In fact, advertisers' desire for young listeners has led radio stations to offer a proliferation of new formats.
- In the feature, listeners vote to hear either a very cheesy or a very classy track.
- I think I should remind listeners just how dangerous it can be.
- The highlight of the radio dramas was that they were scripted with a specific message to listeners.
- According to her, the number of Bulgarian listeners has remained very high over the years.
- This one stumped Geoff a bit and if any listeners have an idea let us know.
- This's why he's thrilled that listeners are sending him their own CDs and making him discover new music.
- Strange misunderstandings step into the gap between the broadcaster's mouth and the listener's ear.
- Talk radio is enjoying a coast-to-coast resurgence with millions of loyal listeners tuning in to their favorite topics.
2(in conversation)he's a good listener — es una persona que sabe escuchar
- both her listeners were very surprised — las dos personas que la escuchaban se sorprendieron mucho
- The listeners grow suspicious with his self-defence story and discover the truth concerns them all.
- Such restraint could mean the casual listener is unlikely to give this a second spin.
- He turned out to be a very attentive listener.
- Even attentive listeners can be overwhelmed by too many rules.
- She was always a good listener who had many words of wisdom to impart.
- The conclusion seems to be that music listeners have a very bright future.
- They engage creatively with the limitations of the audio channel to command the listener's attention.
- Make sure you have the listener's attention before you start speaking.
- Her vocal delivery is straightforward and unadorned, thereby drawing the listener's ear to the content of the lyrics.
- The title track is a vastly underrated song with some catchy chord changes and choruses to keep the listener interested.
- The long format used to tell a story, taking the listener on an emotional journey.
- Nevertheless, the attentive listener will recognize the feeling of satisfaction when the final tonic is reached.
- A 1992 law allows music listeners to make some personal digital copies of their music.
- Music and dance helped forge a common bond among listeners, and everyone was enraptured.
- Rather, music appreciation is developed by educating the listener in three main areas.
- When they succeed they leave the listener wanting them to stretch out and expand the idea a bit more.
- It didn't take long for these guys to fill the room with attentive listeners, or run out of merch.
- Rapport between teller and listeners is based on trust, interest and on respect for character as well as skills.
- African music is unique in the way it instantly creates a special, moving link with listeners.
- Are listeners really going to mistake what the questioner is saying?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.