In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Droppings carry potentially dangerous bacteria like listeria and salmonella that can cause a range of illnesses including meningitis.
- Results of infection by common bacteria such as salmonella, campylobacter and listeria can include vomiting, stomach cramps, diarrhoea, or even death.
- Droppings carry potentially dangerous bacteria such as listeria and salmonella that can cause a range of illnesses including meningitis, pneumonia and lung damage.
- Bacteria such as listeria and salmonella can be dangerous to the unborn baby.
- Of course, they are referring to salmonella, E. coli, listeria and other dangerous bacteria found in our food supply every day.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.