In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(list)lista femininelistado masculineTV listings — programación televisiva / de televisión feminine
- listings magazine — guía del ocio — en Esp
- A sample listing of catalogs with medical supplies and equipment is provided on page 86.
- You may have noticed a listing of ‘suggested periodicals’ at the right hand side of this page.
- To get a listing of all open files, right click on an empty space.
- The pocket information pack also includes a detailed listing of places to visit and includes restaurants and accommodation.
- Students are provided with classroom roster sheets that contain alphabetical listings of all of the children in the classroom.
- Your first step is to choose a cabinet style that you like, and then you can consult with the manufacturer's catalog for a complete listing of sizes.
- There's a listing in that section for a catalogue of industrial vehicular supplies.
- Appendix III provides an alphabetical listing of many medications with each generic term followed by one or more trade names.
- When selling a used car do you include a full listing of its faults?
- Check your local auction listings and keep that wallet stuffed!
- The second section provides an alphabetical listing of substances noted to cause neurotoxicity in humans and animals.
- There are also several other listings on the web.
- With some fine-tuning and research, any advertiser is sure to gain from paid search listings.
- Following is a listing of steeplechase racing dates for spring 2003.
- A full membership listing is available on the website.
- Looking over the catalogues and listings of the period, it is amusing to see what was popular then as opposed to what is popular now.
- A comprehensive listing is not possible, but examples are cited in Table 2.
- Tables 1 and 2 contain a complete listing of the sequences used.
- Both buildings are listed as historic in British property inventory listings.
- The bi-monthly is planning to compile a listing of poets now active and writing in English.
2(entry)entrada feminineFinance cotización bursátil feminine
- But the provincial auditor ruled that its listings didn't count, and therefore it didn't qualify as a newspaper.
- No listings in catalogs or sales literature have been found for the ratchet model.
- Due to recent activity, including possible unauthorized listings placed on your account, we will suspend any activity on your account in order to allow us to investigate this matter further.
- So they began posting more merchandise, boosting the total number of listings to more than 400,000.
- The company has ruled out on a number of occasions a full listing on the stock market.
- Use the dropdown menu to access recipe listings.
- Naturally, given the extent of listings on these exchanges, most sectors of the Canadian economy are represented.
- The site is expected to feature job listings for both entry-level and experienced professionals.
- The legal teams shuttle back and forth between the contending parties on a settlement quest which may save the horrendous costs of a High Court hearing and the strain of a two year waiting period for a listing.
- The city saw a total of 38 new listings, up 36 per cent year on year compared with the same period in 2003.
- Don't waste your time proving how smart you are or flaunting your listing in the social register.
- In the past few months there has been a flurry of companies seeking a listing on the AIM market.
- As the company switches to a listing on the London Stock Exchange, its performance will come under even closer scrutiny.
- It is an American-based company with a listing on the London Stock Exchange.
- There would be the problem of an unlisted company that was applying for a listing on a stock exchange.
- While June was the busiest month for listings on the London Stock Exchange in four years, the £2bn raised through the public markets is more than matched by the deals that took place off the market.
- These two companies have separate stock exchange listings in Amsterdam and London.
- A steady breeze blows against their faces as they flip through a catalog of apartment listings.
- He led the successful de-merger of the company in October of that year and oversaw its listings on both the London and New York Stock Exchanges.
- Also of note is the error in the listing of the running time.
- Also in Florida, the Register has its first-ever listing of not one but two co-champion key tree cacti, an endangered species.
- A total of two listings rang in close to the advertised price of $525 for a one-bedroom.
- Its listing on the London Stock Exchange has been temporarily suspended until the company's financial future has been resolved.
- According to the listing in the registration maintained in the eye hospital, patients in need of a cornea are informed and brought to the hospital.
- Its chipmaking unit plans a separate listing on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in July.
- View program listings and order tickets from our secure website.
- A listing on the London Stock Exchange is also planned.
- The company has access to the Eurobond market and is planning a listing on the London Stock Exchange in September.
- See the listings for more details on this and other performances at Richmond Theatre.
- Look in the classified ads to find job listings for the medical/health professions.
- ‘That's why we decided not to approach a big company with a listing on the Namibian Stock Exchange,’ he said.
- They have separate stock exchange listings in Amsterdam, London and New York.
- In China gaining a listing on the stock exchange or becoming a private shareholding company is rarely simple.
- Headquarters will be in Stockholm and the primary stock market listing will be in Sweden.
- See repertory listings for details on these excellent films.
- Typically home exchanges were accomplished through listings offered in catalogs.
- The move to a full listing on the London Stock Exchange will also help to improve its international profile.
- Just excuse me for a moment, I will ask the Registrar about the listing.
- For those who don't like the idea of faffing about with foreign currencies and paperwork, a large number of American companies now have a secondary listing on the London Stock Exchange.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.