In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alfabetismo masculineadult literacy is below 50% — más del 50% de los adultos son analfabetos
- courses in computer literacy — cursos de familiarización con la informática
- before noun literacy program — programa de alfabetización
- literacy teaching — alfabetización
- literacy test — prueba de alfabetización
- Its treasures must be plundered and used to fund literacy programmes and childcare.
- It outlawed literacy tests and poll taxes as a way of assessing whether anyone was fit or unfit to vote.
- Thus, the parents have not had many opportunities to use and improve their English literacy.
- We have recently seen many important educational policy initiatives in the area of children's literacy.
- If you've got too much cash, give it to an adult literacy program or some other charity.
- One in five adults has poor literacy skills and it is many of these who cannot find employment.
- The variety of language used at home and school has a direct bearing on children's literacy.
- What then happens to efforts to increase female literacy and encourage girls to go to school?
- The identification of adult literacy as a major problem has, of course, been a focus of this Government.
- There is work on effective teaching initiatives and initiatives for adult literacy.
- Ms Clark said that while the Government was taking steps to tackle the problem of low adult literacy, there is still much work to be done.
- Her students must not only develop literacy in their first language but also prepare themselves to survive academically in English.
- Work will also be carried out to promote family literacy and numeracy projects, such as staging adult learning classes.
- The government has concentrated its efforts more on youth than on adult literacy.
- Innovative programmes successfully encouraged adults to develop their literacy and numeracy skills.
- Recently, these schools began restructuring their early literacy programs in both English and Spanish.
- There is low literacy among the survey population, and this was an additional limitation.
- But the yardstick to measure the literacy rate is just the ability to read and write one's name.
- Less than 40 percent of children complete primary school and functional adult literacy is as low as 22 percent.
- It also helps parents and carers to ‘brush up’ on their own skills in literacy and numeracy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.