In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Elemental nitrogen, however, is only capable of oxidizing a few metals such as lithium and magnesium.
- The group lithium - sodium - potassium has a valency of one, as does the group chlorine - bromine - iodine.
- Like hydrogen and helium, lithium was made in the big bang.
- Personally, I would like to see neither battery used in the long run and we move to the lithium battery, because lithium is the lightest metal.
- His recovery of the rare and vital ores of tantalum, lithium, and beryllium greatly aided the War Production Board.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.