In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- By the time he died in 1973 he had produced a substantial body of original etchings, lithographs and linocuts, which rank with the greatest prints of the 20th Century.
- The building also houses Flatbed Press, a publishing workshop that collaborates with artists to produce limited editions of original etchings, lithographs, woodcuts and monoprints.
- He was skilled in the art of a number of different printing techniques such as woodcuts, lithographs and mezzotints.
- So a print is basically a lithograph, an etching, an engraving, a drawing on stone or metal that can then be printed.
- The quality of prints produced, only original serigraphs or lithographs, stands out in the industry to provide collectors with true works of art.
- Hundreds of exhibitors and thousands of attendees weaved through aisles featuring mouldings, equipment, posters, serigraphs, lithographs, original art and more.
- It boasts a collection of more than 50,000 antique images that include steel and wood engravings, lithographs, photographs and illustrations.
- Now, tens of thousands of people have these paintings hanging in their homes, either the originals, lithographs, canvas prints, or posters.
- The 62-year-old artist, famous for his lithograph and etching prints, contributed a series of ink drawings of Shanghai for the exhibition.
- Other than paintings and sculptures, the artist produced a number of prints for which he used different techniques: lithographs, screenprints, etchings and woodcuts.
- In addition to paintings, he produced a large number of prints - etchings, lithographs, and woodcuts.
- Exhibiting original prints, like lithographs, etchings and digital prints, as well as photography by more than 80 artists, the Print Center is the oldest gallery of its kind in the country.
- He applied his signature collage style to creating lithographs and silkscreen prints that combined familiar images from popular culture and current events in an original and radical manner.
- Anatomical artists pay homage to the body hidden under the skin with woodcuts, copper engravings, lithographs, photographs, and digital imaging.
- Not only are her paintings immensely popular, selling for at least $100,000, but she also creates serigraphs, stone lithographs, and limited-edition prints.
- Since draughtsmanship was the foundation of all his art, engravings, etchings, lithographs, linocuts, and drawings poured from him in astonishing quantity and quality.
- Dali prints were created in different techniques: mostly etchings, but also engravings, woodcuts, lithographs and mixed-media.
- The 2,000-square-foot gallery is dedicated to exhibiting a full range of his fine art, including paintings, original stone lithographs, silk screens and giclees.
- His graphic works consist of woodcuts, lithographs and etchings.
- The translated editions will use the original color lithographs, printed and bound in Germany on the same paper, by the same printer used in the original editions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.