In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- About four kilograms of pounded sorghum and eight kilograms of brown sugar are added to one hundred liters of water.
- In an irrigated area, a litre of milk takes at least 500 litres of water to produce.
- Campaigners say just one litre can make a million litres of fresh water unfit to drink.
- Paul drank almost six litres of water without counting swigs taken from bottles offered along the roadside.
- Who would care when a litre of petrol was cheaper than a litre of bottled water?
- Before tax a litre of petrol is actually cheaper than a litre of bottled water.
- A hydrant's minimum capacity must be 1,000 liters per minute.
- The standard household lavatory, we are told, uses 7.5 litres of water per flush.
- When the roof is open, boot room is 208 litres, 63 litres more than the earlier model.
- Two 8,000 - liter water tanks are installed for use by local residents.
- Burning fuel and debris were shoved out of the core before it was deluged with five million litres of water.
- He drank three liters of water a day so he would not dehydrate.
- At least 0.4 liters of diesel was needed to produce one kilogram of tea.
- Recommendations run at about 1 liter per hour divided into 3-4 intakes.
- You should then drink 1.5 liters per 1kg of weight lost.
- Elephants consume around 250 liters of clean water daily.
- The new pump should produce an additional 220,000 liters per hour.
- He also inventoried his provisions: two burritos, one liter of water, and some candy bar crumbs.
- The result is extrapolated to 60 seconds and reported in liters per minute.
- He cut his tea back to one liter a day and did much better.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.