In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)the Little League — liga de béisbol infantil patrocinada por entidades comerciales
- I was wondering what active major league players played in a Little League World Series game?
- The games of Little League baseball and softball are played on six continents in more than 100 countries by millions of children.
- And millions of families enjoy the experience of youth soccer, rivaling Little League baseball.
- David had returned to school and played Little League baseball in the spring.
- Because we didn't have a full team until I started playing Little League ball.
- A couple of us Little League coaches got into a discussion about how to score a catchable fly ball that drops untouched in the outfield.
- The average 1960s kid played Little League and maybe Pop Warner football.
- Forty years ago, our Little League team from Cambelltown, Pennsylvania won the local championship.
- He was a California outfielder that had been hyped since Little League and had Major League pedigree to boot.
- He showed up at the swim meets, soccer matches, Little League baseball games, school plays and recitals.
- From Little League all the way to Cooperstown, there's a fraternity convened by the adrenaline rush of throwing a baseball.
- It's no different than Little League baseball in this country.
- A friend was telling me about his son's Little League game a while back, and how his team was forced to forfeit because a rule of some sort was broken.
- If you played shortstop in Little League, you probably can remember when the coach brought you in to pitch to nail down a win.
- If you play Little League baseball, that's a lot of pressure when you're that age.
- When Jackie was of Little League age there was no Little League.
- Everywhere you find them, the casinos support hospitals, Little League baseball teams, high school band trips.
- We had never been Cub Scouts; Little League baseball and other organized sports filled most of our spare time.
- Despite my being pretty bad at baseball, my Little League teams won championships all six years I played.
- He was 12, playing Little League ball in upstate New York for the Twins.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.