In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dedo pequeño del pie masculinededo chico del pie masculine Latin America
- During his initial work-up he admitted he had a 45-year history of chewing two packages of tobacco daily and that his right little toe was blackened.
- For his part, O'Neal has served two stints on the injured list due to an arthritic big toe on his tight foot, which likely will require offseason surgery, and tenderness in the little toe of his left foot.
- ‘We can't have a situation where players stay at home just because the little toe in their left foot hurts,’ he said.
- As the working knee continues to straighten, the foot adjusts slightly as the heel is lowered toward the floor and is pulled in to the little toe of the supporting foot.
- I heard somewhere that people break their little toes all the time, and then the toe heals without anyone particularly noticing.
- Hard corns usually develop on the top of the toe or on the side of the little toe.
- This deformity presents as adduction of the little toe with some external rotation of the digit.
- Then I wrap the tape around starting at the big toe at a 45 degree angle to the outside of the anchor strip around the sole, continuing around the foot over the little toe and around again.
- Knees are apart and the outside edge of each foot from the little toe to the heel are pressed against the wall.
- The press, of which I consider myself some vestigial part - a little toe or an appendix at best - works in mysterious ways.
- If the same movement starts to angle your knees outwards, towards your little toes, then you supinate.
- But I dropped it on my foot - it probably broke my little toe by the way, thanks for asking.
- Stretching the two big toes toward each other and the little toes away from each other strengthens and lifts the three arches of the foot.
- He stubbed the little toe on his right foot while getting into bed on Halloween night 1995 and missed the ensuing game.
- Instead of ducking out of the way (I telegraphed badly), Woody slipped inside my flailing offense a bit too far, stabbing his foot on the little toe of my pivoting foot.
- Bunions can also occur on the joint of your little toe (bunionette).
- He had surgery in March on the little toe on his left foot.
- Nearly always, our sessions went this way: we'd start with 45 minutes of exercises, addressing muscles from our little toes to our shoulder-blades.
- I'm not sure what your feet are like, but it sounds as if it may be related to the arch of your foot or the base of your little toe.
- ‘I sew,’ she said finally, dropping the words hesitantly into the room like a swimmer testing the ocean with his little toe.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.