In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Pope Pius XII in particular contributed heavily to renewal of the Church's liturgical and Sacramental life.
- As a sustained address to God, liturgical language is silent between the human beings who speak it.
- They do not even seem to allude to crucifixes or church buildings or vestments or liturgical practice.
- Just when we are entering the coldest, darkest time, along comes this liturgical shot in the arm.
- As the treasury of Anglican liturgical resources grows more biblical, it will also grow in size.
- The liturgical life of the Church is always related to a particular culture.
- The presence of children in the liturgical assembly is a part of their ministry to the whole assembly.
- Changes are occurring in the liturgical worship of Orthodox churches again, here and there.
- Participation in Orthodox liturgical worship involves the body and all its senses.
- The liturgical life of the Christian community celebrates this presence and awareness.
- What does all this suggest about the role of the Holy Spirit with regard to the liturgical life of the Church?
- What worship is and is for may be at stake in the argument between liturgical and praise worship.
- On the eve of a new liturgical season, today is a great day to start anew.
- This brings us to the question of liturgical quality control in a post-Prayer Book Church.
- With the close of the liturgical year, next week the church prepares to celebrate Christ as king.
- However, committed lay participation in liturgical planning is not sufficient.
- As early as the ninth century, there was a liturgical ceremony ritualizing the act of adoption.
- Many of the most important evolutions in this process were nurtured by the rhythms of the liturgical year.
- The liturgical changes were an expression and a promise of the communion of saints.
- It has invaded the precincts of both liturgical churches and free churches.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.