In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- From then on, Coptic was used only in Christian liturgy.
- A native religion, a combination of African rituals and Christian liturgy, has formed on Saint Vincent.
- John takes this opportunity to provide his reader with something equally important to Eucharistic liturgy.
- I have tried in this essay to discern what makes for change and continuity in Christian liturgy today.
- In reality, there has always been growth and development in Orthodox liturgy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.