In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1animales (de cría)masculine ganado
- He then sold all his livestock and replaced them with four breeds of pedigree cattle.
- These movement restrictions apply to all farmed livestock within that area.
- Foxes cause great damage to livestock and farms in general, and as such they are considered to be a pest.
- Two of them were game farms and the rest were used to farm crops and livestock.
- As well as farm livestock, there will be showing classes for horses, goats and donkeys.
- Some farms have security men checking to make sure that livestock in fields are safe.
- Traffic jams were expected because farmers were taking livestock with them.
- Vaccinations will only take place following a veterinary inspection of livestock.
- Fireworks must not be set off near livestock or horses in fields or close to barns and stables.
- The hunters complain that foxes are vermin and un-hunted pose a serious threat to farm livestock.
- The government took the initiative to send seed and livestock to these farms.
- Tissue samples from it and blood samples from other livestock on the farm are now being tested for the disease.
- Farmers tell him that livestock graze the sward very tightly so there is no wastage.
- No animals or livestock were involved in the process of these sonic experiments.
- Anyone with knowledge of livestock and pedigree cattle will appreciate their true value.
- The fire led to a few of the nearby farms and livestock being evacuated.
- Therefore it could not be used for keeping livestock and for farming in general.
- The poor are poor because they have no assets like land, livestock or a fish pond.
- It is definitely a bit more tricky for those who have extensive movements of livestock on and off the farm each week.
- People would bring cattle and other livestock from all around the area to be shipped out.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.