In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1animales (de cría) masculinemasculine ganado
- He then sold all his livestock and replaced them with four breeds of pedigree cattle.
- The poor are poor because they have no assets like land, livestock or a fish pond.
- As well as farm livestock, there will be showing classes for horses, goats and donkeys.
- Anyone with knowledge of livestock and pedigree cattle will appreciate their true value.
- The hunters complain that foxes are vermin and un-hunted pose a serious threat to farm livestock.
- These movement restrictions apply to all farmed livestock within that area.
- Tissue samples from it and blood samples from other livestock on the farm are now being tested for the disease.
- The government took the initiative to send seed and livestock to these farms.
- Vaccinations will only take place following a veterinary inspection of livestock.
- The fire led to a few of the nearby farms and livestock being evacuated.
- Fireworks must not be set off near livestock or horses in fields or close to barns and stables.
- People would bring cattle and other livestock from all around the area to be shipped out.
- Farmers tell him that livestock graze the sward very tightly so there is no wastage.
- Traffic jams were expected because farmers were taking livestock with them.
- Foxes cause great damage to livestock and farms in general, and as such they are considered to be a pest.
- Some farms have security men checking to make sure that livestock in fields are safe.
- Two of them were game farms and the rest were used to farm crops and livestock.
- Therefore it could not be used for keeping livestock and for farming in general.
- No animals or livestock were involved in the process of these sonic experiments.
- It is definitely a bit more tricky for those who have extensive movements of livestock on and off the farm each week.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.