In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(a load, weight)carga femininebefore noun loading terminal — terminal de carga masculine
- The backstripped tectonic subsidence curves presented here indicate that the Late Carboniferous South Wales coalfield probably formed due to flexural loading in a foreland basin setting.
- Both tectonic stress and gravitational loading by overburden can produce pressure dissolution.
- In this study we combined simultaneous mechanical loading and visualization of the microstructural components in the same arterial specimen.
- The tests were carried out with different methods and directions of mechanical loading in order to initiate the movement of each sapling.
- Just by holding the clutch down I could see how hard it is to hold the car; I can imagine how hard it would be to hold the car when the car is under the strain of the centrifugal loading.
- Therefore, we selected 5000 cycles of loading to simulate such mechanical conditions.
- The natural stimulus for bone to maintain its functional strength is the loading which results from gravitational forces and the tensions exerted by muscular activity.
- Any retained austenite in the steel microstructure can transform under mechanical loading to martensite with a resulting increase in volume.
- Since they are mechanical, increase the loading on the joint and it wears out quicker.
- Using cables to pull the subject downward, the same impact load, bone stress and muscular loading will be reproduced in weightlessness as if they were running or walking on Earth.
- We tested the role of desmin in initiating such pathways via direct visualization of muscle nuclei before and during mechanical loading.
- If the microtraumatic damage to bone is greater than the capacity of bone to repair it, a stress fracture may occur at the site of repetitive loading.
- Relative loads take into account both amplitude and duration of loading (force over time).
- He also gave assurances on funding and promised a proposal for the Government to pay the loading on haemophiliacs's insurance premiums would be looked at in September.
- Miss V has of course been able to obtain such insurance at a loading, as referred to below.
- Want says the slip shows clearly the employee is not receiving the appropriate loading under the award.
- Additional shifts were voluntary and no loading paid on the standard rate for additional hours.
- Mr O'Sullivan believes that if the EU gives the go-ahead for the new scheme the entry premium loading could slip in unnoticed by many consumers by the end of June.
- One life company refused him cover, one quoted with a hefty loading to the premium and another offered life cover at normal rates.
- The next increase will apply on the 4 April 2002 and will take the minimum loading for casual workers up to 23%.
- Some companies will apply an automatic loading to your premium, while others will review your individual case.
- Insurance policy loading could have a major impact in Scotland, which has one of the worst obesity levels in Europe.
3Australian(weighting)suplemento salarial masculineplus salarial masculineprima salarial feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.