In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of money)préstamo masculineFinance préstamo masculineFinance crédito masculineFinance empréstito masculine formalbank loan — préstamo / crédito bancario
- before noun loan account — cuenta crediticia
- loan agreement — contrato de préstamo
- loan facility — facilidades de crédito
- loan fund — fondo de préstamos
- Thanks to Ian Philp Mercedes-Benz in Glasgow for the loan of our test car.
- If anyone wants to take out a loan, borrow money, or get something on hire purchase, they have to agree to a credit check being done on them to make sure they are safe with other people's money.
- If he was prepared to mislead a bank as to his position in a company for the purpose of inducing a loan, I have reservations respecting the confidence I can place in his testimony.
- The term of the loan is ten years, with a two-year grace period starting from the date of utilisation of each tranche.
- The term of the loan cannot exceed 20 years, and breeders will have until September 30, 2002 to apply.
- Remember to match the term of the loan with its purpose.
- Generally speaking, the shorter the term of the loan, the higher the APR.
- Nowadays consumers even take out personal loans with banks and finance houses to pay for surgery.
- Many thanks to Harry Fairbairn BMW for the loan of the test car.
- Many thanks to Arnold Clark Vauxhall in Pollokshields for the loan of our test car.
- The SBA is empowered to guarantee some $21 billion a year in bank loans and venture capital investments to small businesses.
- In all likelihood, the debt was incurred on Lord Petre's ‘iorney to Axminster’ exactly twelve months earlier, a year being a round term for a loan.
- In that case, you must deduct the remaining balance over the term of your new loan, the IRS says.
- You simply write a check and you've initiated a loan.
- It sells its own credit cards, home mortgages, consumer loans, and insurance policies.
- The result of a lower sale price is a lesser amount financed, and this might enable you to negotiate better terms for your auto loan.
- Lenders prefer to tie the lifetime of the collateral to the term of the loan.
- Car loans are simply personal loans provided by a bank or finance company to facilitate a car purchase.
- There's a lot of holding at the beginning, the banker must service and review the account throughout the term of the loan.
- In a range of institutions like credit unions or retail banks, personal loans can be arranged over the internet, by phone or in person.
- And some schools make low interest loans or partner with banks that do it for them.
- Other longterm incentives are fixed incentives such as paid insurance premiums and imputed interest on reduced rate loans.
- Experts have been cleaning the 13 fossils ready for display as part of the terms of the loan from the Geological Museum of China in Beijing.
- The terms of the loan were onerous to the airline and lucrative to the American bank, because at the time Ethiopia had a very adverse risk rating.
- Managed financial systems allowed capital accumulation to be financed by bank loans at low interest rates, regulated by the monetary authorities.
- They expect the board to refinance the bank loans next year.
- Most French mortgages are capital and interest or interest-only repayment loans.
- In the ordinary debt collection case, the court would be unimpressed by a claim from a debtor that he was unaware of his rights and obligations under the terms of the loan.
- If heavily leveraged firms can't service their loans or borrow new money, that could bring China's growth to an abrupt halt.
- At its simplest, a car loan is a personal loan offered by a bank, credit union or finance company.
- The banks have done that by expanding their offerings of auto loans, life insurance, mutual funds, mortgages, and credit cards.
- The first was whether a commercial loan made by the claimant became the subject matter of a ‘Quistclose trust’ by virtue of the terms of the loan.
- If you are constantly in overdraft territory, you should re-package it into a personal loan and obtain interest rates that can be up to almost three times cheaper.
- Bassanio warns Antonio not to make the deal, but Antonio assures him that he will have nine thousand ducats a month before the term of the loan runs out.
- A bigger challenge is consumer finance - the business of extending unsecured loans at double-digit interest rates.
- What bank provides the best value in fixed interest personal loans?
- The lower interest rate is expected to make bank loans cheaper so that the corporate sector can afford to borrow more money from banks to finance expansion programs.
- Because if you can deduct interest on a loan, invest the money, and earn tax-free profits, you essentially get a government subsidy for investing.
- A quick call to Young Watski who was luckily in the area secured the loan of his car for the rest of the day.
- Include money owed on credit cards and store cards, bank loans, hire purchase agreements and any overdrawn bank or building society accounts
2(temporary use)may I have the loan of your umbrella? — ¿me prestas el paraguas?
- the book you want is out on loan — el libro que quieres está prestado
- the rug is on loan from my sister — la alfombra me la ha prestado mi hermana
1prestarthe bank is willing to loan $20,000 — el banco está dispuesto a prestar 20.000 dólares
- many sports clubs will loan out equipment — muchos clubs deportivos prestan el equipo
- to loan sb sth, to loan sth to sb — prestarle algo a algn
- can you loan me $20/a wrench? — ¿me prestas 20 dólares/una llave inglesa?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.