In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1administración municipal feminine(elections) municipal
- This is not going to be an easy hurdle for local government to come to terms with.
- He is one of those people who has been synonymous with local government in Auckland.
- It would be better to argue that local government should be funded entirely by business rates.
- These hold to account the executive councillors in the new form of cabinet local government.
- The State Council has told local governments to deal with the aftermath of the halted and suspended projects.
- Nationally, we are the second party of local government and run councils up and down the country.
- In the current climate government and local government has to be honest and open.
- Congress, regional and local governments, as well as the state bureaucracy, were dominated by the elite.
- It is what leads them into a coalition with the Lib Dems when they get the chance in local government.
- Each worker has to apply for a permit from their local government to work in the townships.
- Together they decide to set up an internet company to make money out of local government.
- The local government is saying the workers will all have jobs, but says it cannot afford to keep the plant going.
- The Communist Party used to win all the elections and ran local governments.
- This group will consult with a range of Governments, local governments, and community interests.
- Yet the tradition of unpaid public services is still important in local government.
- He wants to see the government put more money into local government so that council tax bills can be kept down.
- There have already been huge votes for strike action in local government and elsewhere.
- It changed the entire planning world and left local government to deal with it all by itself.
- New Labour set up executive mayors to make local government even less accountable.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.