In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Between locales and places there is a third type of physical space, hybrid space.
- If no family land or cottage is available, you may need to use a bit of creativity to find a locale for your camp.
- However, these groups generally have to draw on interested persons in your locale or city.
- All the winners got free tickets sponsored by different airlines to exotic locales and loads of prizes.
- The six training missions take place in a variety of locales including a hospital, a trailer park and a junkyard.
- The Niger Delta region and culture area is a prime locale for engaging the above questions.
- What you should expect is a variety of quality based on the locale of the scene.
- It's a story that has been repeated in lakeside and oceanfront locales all around the country.
- Posh residential complexes make the area a prestigious locale, an address one would be proud to possess.
- More and more people are discovering that property caretaking can enable them to live in a variety of locales.
- The rich and the famous celebrate their birthdays at exotic locales.
- Although, his descriptions of individuals and exotic locales would seem effective as monologues as well.
- Now I wonder if any readers know of any sexy streetlights in their own locale?
- Over the weekend, many of the visitors to Jasper and Banff National Park accessed the famed locales free of charge.
- The locale is timeless, exotic and mysterious, and the light moody and evocative.
- Larry took a new job earlier this year, and he told me he'd soon be traveling to exotic locales, much as I've been doing the past several months.
- Or it might be trips or conferences in exotic locales, often with a heavy emphasis on play rather than work.
- But then it turns out that these locales are also dumping zones - oh, the humiliation!
- They're planning the conference in a picturesque locale: University of Victoria.
- He hopes that adding a live music element to the locale will give his venue both novelty and staying power.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.