In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1localidad femininein the/this locality — en la/esta localidad
- Mist-net capture localities were positioned near bird feeders at both study sites.
- Central American silver localities are not well represented in most collections.
- Stolzite is poorly represented in Mexican and Central and South American localities.
- It has a maximum thickness of 250 m and is absent at several localities except for a continuous ironstone horizon.
- Namibia seems to have the highest concentration of localities on the continent.
- This scramble for excellence has confirmed the benefits of cooler sites and matching locality to grape varieties.
- For the next fortnight the Japanese mounted attacks on the string of defended localities running along the road.
- During 1994 jack snipe were recorded at 36 localities in the county.
- The La Venta site has yielded fossils assignable to as many as ten genera, whereas most localities will have no more than three.
- Western Utah is the home of one of the best-known Cambrian fossil localities in the world.
- In addition, alleles from geographically distant localities often cluster together.
- The influence of these selected churchmen in the localities where they were placed cannot be underestimated.
- Major new mineral localities of this magnitude are rarely discovered in New England.
- This locality is also the site from which Lyreidus hookeri was collected.
- Even the roadsigns that mark localities or single properties must be made of granite.
- Where the nuisance causes physical damage to property, however, the nature of the locality is irrelevant.
- Geographical coordinates and sample sizes of the localities may be obtained from the corresponding author.
- Tectonic settings of several localities listed in Table I are equivocal.
- It has an alphabetical list of localities by country, starting with Argentina.
- Today the locality in which the university is situated may not be the safest and the best in the city.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.