In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1formallocalidad femininein the/this locality — en la/esta localidad
- Today the locality in which the university is situated may not be the safest and the best in the city.
- Where the nuisance causes physical damage to property, however, the nature of the locality is irrelevant.
- In addition, alleles from geographically distant localities often cluster together.
- Stolzite is poorly represented in Mexican and Central and South American localities.
- This locality is also the site from which Lyreidus hookeri was collected.
- During 1994 jack snipe were recorded at 36 localities in the county.
- It has an alphabetical list of localities by country, starting with Argentina.
- Tectonic settings of several localities listed in Table I are equivocal.
- This scramble for excellence has confirmed the benefits of cooler sites and matching locality to grape varieties.
- The La Venta site has yielded fossils assignable to as many as ten genera, whereas most localities will have no more than three.
- Western Utah is the home of one of the best-known Cambrian fossil localities in the world.
- It has a maximum thickness of 250 m and is absent at several localities except for a continuous ironstone horizon.
- The influence of these selected churchmen in the localities where they were placed cannot be underestimated.
- Even the roadsigns that mark localities or single properties must be made of granite.
- Geographical coordinates and sample sizes of the localities may be obtained from the corresponding author.
- Namibia seems to have the highest concentration of localities on the continent.
- Major new mineral localities of this magnitude are rarely discovered in New England.
- Central American silver localities are not well represented in most collections.
- For the next fortnight the Japanese mounted attacks on the string of defended localities running along the road.
- Mist-net capture localities were positioned near bird feeders at both study sites.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.