In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- TPE will allow photodynamic therapy with highly localized light dosage.
- Treatment with this drug should not be initiated in patients with active infections including chronic or localized infections.
- Examples of this include insidious onset or poorly localized injuries, or both.
- A frequent dilemma is a limping child with no constitutional symptoms and no localized abnormalities by history or physical examination.
- However, in 2 cases, although edema was present, there was no evidence of a clearly localized cutaneous lesion.
- All 50 real lesions were successfully localized in three dimensions using this technique.
- Many patients are diagnosed incidentally in the asymptomatic phase by plain radiographs that show localized enlargement of bone.
- Additional treatment included localized radiation therapy to the operative site, without systemic chemotherapy.
- Persistent pain and localized tenderness is a key feature.
- Even in patients with more localized disease, systemic chemotherapy plays the central role in the treatment.
- The image-guided biopsy uses either ultrasound or mammography to stereotactically localize the suspicious lesion.
- Since the advent of antibiotics, however, most infections associated with cerebral abscesses are localized to the lungs and endocardium.
- These will ideally include a means to localize the abnormal glands preoperatively as well as to determine if the resection is complete prior to closure of the surgical incision.
- This suggests that immediate bronchial response to cat allergen is localized in the large airways.
- The pain elicited on palpation of a tender point is localized to the area under palpation and does not elicit a jump or twitch.
- In elderly patients, localized tenderness may be the only presenting sign; pain and fever may be absent.
- Electromyography, conducted three to four weeks after the onset of symptoms, can localize the lesion and help confirm the diagnosis.
- The disease is characterized by single or multiple localized lesions on exposed areas of skin that typically ulcerate.
- If you have a very localized cancer and you are using statistics that include many people with a more widespread cancer, then that data may not apply to you.
- Fever may be a marker of sepsis, localized infection, occult bacteremia, or benign illness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.