In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(find)(fault/leak) localizar(fault/leak) ubicar Latin America
- I've got work at my current job until the end of June, so at least I've got some buffer time to locate another position.
- It takes two numbers to locate your position on a map, and one number to specify the distance above the map.
- But this inevitably leads to the problem of locating the exact place of subjectivity.
- As well as tracking all types of electronic transactions, it is able to reconstruct text messages months after they were sent and locate the exact position of users.
- The laser sensor locates the positions of the leading and trailing edges of the tank, and the magnetic sensor provides confirmation of the position of the tank.
- Because forecasters always try to pinpoint the eye of the hurricane, this knowledge will help with locating the exact position and lead to better tracking.
- The observer locates the position of the OP on the map.
- In this way the nervous system locates the position at which a stimulus is acting on the body.
- Every British lighthouse doesn't just flash to warn ships of hazards, but also has its own flashing pattern which allows mariners to locate their position.
- Layout on the mud mats locates the position for the templates.
- Recovery of the buoy to which it was attached required several minutes of searching at its GPS deployment position to locate it.
- Although I know several swims well I will always use the plumbing rod to locate the exact positions that I want to fish.
- His work in this area was aimed at locating the position of enemy guns.
- The trajectory could then be plotted and extrapolated backwards so that its position could be located.
- Following an unfruitful attempt to locate the exact original site, we chose a spot on Lake Champlain in the general area.
- It was easy for us to locate the exact location of the incident.
- Part of the wonder of this lace construction for us is the process of discovery involved in locating each figure.
- It took Buff almost nine months of intensive research - a lot of it in his own time - to locate the exact spot.
- Bringing the pole down into a horizontal position, my right arm out behind me, locating the position of my left hand was easy.
- Its prime role is to measure the track geometry to locate faults such as spreading and twisting.
- The idea of the possible purchase of a Defibrillator to be centrally located in the town was met with approval.
- But it's a good place to be, it's centrally located to Gasoline Alley and everything else.
- It was located on the site of previous castles dating back to the Middle Ages on a prominent ridge above the River Ness.
- The city's old Central Jail built during the British Raj was located very centrally.
- The property, formerly a garage, is centrally located and convenient to all amenities.
- The capital, Zagreb, is centrally located but was not chosen for that reason.
- Living in cities is more popular and the more expensive flats and apartments are centrally located.
- The idea of locating the bulb centrally in the space rather than on a surface was suggested by my wife who pointed out to me the fixture hanging over my typewriter.
- There are two front cupolas, and vision blocks are located centrally on both sides.
- Bank Street is centrally located and always appears to be very popular.
- Under each concrete cantilevered platform canopy, there is a centrally located waiting room.
- The site was located in the middle of the village and was an infill development.
- The capital, Minsk, is the largest and one of the oldest cities in the region and is centrally located.
- This can be best achieved by centrally locating critical devices in a secure data centre where possible.
- It is one of the oldest towns in Wiltshire, and is centrally located with many famous landmarks a short distance away.
- The police station was located on the quiet road near the back door of Jiao Tong University.
- One factory was centrally located and it was fed cane from neighbouring plantations.
- At the same time, this new gallery at the Modern is centrally located just off the atrium.
- It will suit those seeking a centrally located house with an original layout and design.
- The Academy is centrally located on Beretania and Victoria, and there is ample street parking.
2(position)(business/building) situar(business/building) ubicar Latin Americathe switch is located under the seat — el interruptor está / se encuentra debajo del asiento
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.