In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(find)(leak/fault) localizar(leak/fault) ubicar Latin America
- Its prime role is to measure the track geometry to locate faults such as spreading and twisting.
- Although I know several swims well I will always use the plumbing rod to locate the exact positions that I want to fish.
- It took Buff almost nine months of intensive research - a lot of it in his own time - to locate the exact spot.
- It was easy for us to locate the exact location of the incident.
- The observer locates the position of the OP on the map.
- Every British lighthouse doesn't just flash to warn ships of hazards, but also has its own flashing pattern which allows mariners to locate their position.
- Bringing the pole down into a horizontal position, my right arm out behind me, locating the position of my left hand was easy.
- I've got work at my current job until the end of June, so at least I've got some buffer time to locate another position.
- Recovery of the buoy to which it was attached required several minutes of searching at its GPS deployment position to locate it.
- As well as tracking all types of electronic transactions, it is able to reconstruct text messages months after they were sent and locate the exact position of users.
- The trajectory could then be plotted and extrapolated backwards so that its position could be located.
- Part of the wonder of this lace construction for us is the process of discovery involved in locating each figure.
- The laser sensor locates the positions of the leading and trailing edges of the tank, and the magnetic sensor provides confirmation of the position of the tank.
- It takes two numbers to locate your position on a map, and one number to specify the distance above the map.
- Following an unfruitful attempt to locate the exact original site, we chose a spot on Lake Champlain in the general area.
- In this way the nervous system locates the position at which a stimulus is acting on the body.
- His work in this area was aimed at locating the position of enemy guns.
- Layout on the mud mats locates the position for the templates.
- Because forecasters always try to pinpoint the eye of the hurricane, this knowledge will help with locating the exact position and lead to better tracking.
- But this inevitably leads to the problem of locating the exact place of subjectivity.
2(position)(building/business) situar(building/business) ubicar Latin Americathe switch is located under the seat — el interruptor está / se encuentra debajo del asiento
- Bank Street is centrally located and always appears to be very popular.
- Living in cities is more popular and the more expensive flats and apartments are centrally located.
- It was located on the site of previous castles dating back to the Middle Ages on a prominent ridge above the River Ness.
- The city's old Central Jail built during the British Raj was located very centrally.
- But it's a good place to be, it's centrally located to Gasoline Alley and everything else.
- The capital, Minsk, is the largest and one of the oldest cities in the region and is centrally located.
- One factory was centrally located and it was fed cane from neighbouring plantations.
- The Academy is centrally located on Beretania and Victoria, and there is ample street parking.
- The idea of locating the bulb centrally in the space rather than on a surface was suggested by my wife who pointed out to me the fixture hanging over my typewriter.
- The police station was located on the quiet road near the back door of Jiao Tong University.
- There are two front cupolas, and vision blocks are located centrally on both sides.
- It will suit those seeking a centrally located house with an original layout and design.
- This can be best achieved by centrally locating critical devices in a secure data centre where possible.
- The capital, Zagreb, is centrally located but was not chosen for that reason.
- Under each concrete cantilevered platform canopy, there is a centrally located waiting room.
- At the same time, this new gallery at the Modern is centrally located just off the atrium.
- The site was located in the middle of the village and was an infill development.
- It is one of the oldest towns in Wiltshire, and is centrally located with many famous landmarks a short distance away.
- The idea of the possible purchase of a Defibrillator to be centrally located in the town was met with approval.
- The property, formerly a garage, is centrally located and convenient to all amenities.
- This could make Castlebar unattractive for some business to locate here.
- It should start giving inducements that it now lavishes on businesses locating to the inner sanctums of Bradford to all outlying regions.
- Look for property data to show special exemptions for new businesses that locate in new residential areas.
- But the sale of the site and the possibility of new businesses locating on Swindon Road could inject some much needed capital into the local economy.
- It will offer the town a 20,000-person sewerage system, which will be a major influence for any perspective business that could be looking at locating in the town.
- In relation to suitable businesses that might locate in the centre, Mr Marks said the forum has already been looking for suitable tenants.
- Not only would this be unfair to the other two-thirds of New Zealanders, it is also inefficient because it would discourage businesses and people from locating in areas of lower congestion.
- Businesses locating in the Centres will come from different sources.
- Businesses locating at the centre will enjoy the benefits of shared facilities, for example dedicated administration desk, canteen etc.
- This latter provision is designed to give state governments a role in specifying where they would like business migrants to locate.
- Of interest is the fact that the major producers of cotton gins in the South did not locate in the larger towns.
- The council in turn has had to deal with huge losses in rates and a preference by businesses to locate on the Laois side of Graiguecullen where rates are cheaper.
- In all the development will include six commercial units which are large enough for most business or office type projects likely to locate in the town.
- It allows significant industry to come and locate in the town and is very important in the development of our Technological Park.
- Both schemes are de-signed to act as a catalyst to create thousands of jobs and dozens of major companies have already expressed an interest in locating on the two sites.
- There are many good reasons for the small independent business to locate in this area to benefit from the railway line.
- Businesses locating here don't have to apply to a multitude of agencies for help, because we're the single agency.
- As a result, many people and businesses are now able to locate nearly anywhere they choose.
- Business has opportunities to locate in a number of places.
- On the first point, research shows that taxes are not necessarily the key factor in where people and businesses locate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.