In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1relicario masculineguardapelo masculine
- She placed the gold locket inside, and closed the lid on the box lovingly.
- There were twelve individual zodiac signs carved into the gold lockets.
- But if it doesn't extend to jewelry in general, how about small gold lockets you each wear around your neck inside your clothes with a picture of you both inside the locket, with the wedding date inscribed on the front?
- It was a gold necklace, with an exquisite gold chain and heart-shaped locket at the end.
- From inside my shawl I drew out a gold locket and chain and placed it gently on top of the counter.
- It was a tiny gold locket on a delicate chain with cursive lines etched into it.
- She reached us and fingered the silver locket hanging around her neck.
- A gold chain with a locket containing a picture of her late husband hung around her neck as it did every day.
- The oval-shaped locket is nine-carat gold, and is believed to be Victorian.
- Also on display are stringed natural pearls and chains with lockets that have American diamonds laid on silver plated with gold.
- Her only decorations were a few small jewels in her hair, rose shaped earrings and a small silver locket on a thin chain.
- He put his arm around her and let his fingers play with the gold chain of her locket.
- Her hand reached up to her neck, but the chain and the locket were both missing.
- She wore some blue velvet shoes and a silver locket around her neck.
- I sat there staring it down, fiddling with the locket around my neck until I decided I needed to just get it over with.
- She placed the chain around her neck and tucked the locket safely inside her blouse.
- I was laughing as well, still unable to believe that I had such a gorgeous chain and locket around my neck.
- Around her neck was a golden locket and, at her wrists, were gold bracelets.
- Rachel began fingering the gold locket around her neck with her free hand as she spoke again.
- Some shops also offer silver earrings and lockets.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.