In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cerrajero masculinecerrajera feminine
- In the next section, we'll see how a locksmith goes about picking this sort of lock.
- Engineers have been working until 11 pm and a locksmith is being used to gain entry to properties where the homeowners are on holiday.
- For some reason, he was reluctant to force the lock or call in a locksmith.
- The locksmith last week mentioned a product he sells for people who regularly lock themselves out of their house.
- A modern version of this, advertised on the internet, is a motorised German device that turns the dial, trying every combination in turn, for use by locksmiths trying to get into a safe whose combination has been lost.
- He immediately ushered his staff from the building while a locksmith changed the locks.
- The minister of oil and vinegar dispatched a locksmith to change the locks on the Registrar General door, and had the Governor General read the writ of dismissal.
- He is drawn to the lanes of the city day after day, his camera capturing images of locksmiths, shoemakers, barbers, tailors and residents going about their daily affairs.
- He lived in Howe Crescent, South Melbourne, Australia and was a locksmith and gunmaker who emigrated with his family from Boston, Lincolnshire in 1853.
- Sunday was spent getting a locksmith in to change the lock, cancelling the cellphone and those sorts of things.
- Indeed, the troops were stupidly instructed to clear the square, and in reply barricades were thrown up by incensed journeymen - cabinet-makers, joiners, tailors, cobblers, and locksmiths.
- Some insurance companies have links with alarm providers and locksmiths who may offer extra discount on the cost of locks or alarms.
- The urban landscapes of Ghana are visually punctuated with signs promoting everything from boutiques, barber shops, and beauty salons to locksmiths, lotto vendors, and communication services.
- He has also called in a locksmith to change the locks on all the remaining vehicles.
- He was a locksmith and mechanical engineer and he had tools.
- Lock picking is an essential skill for locksmiths because it lets them get past a lock without destroying it.
- One day, when I knew she would be out of the house for hours, I unscrewed my door handle, took it to a locksmith and had keys cut for it so I could lock it when I wasn't there.
- Or the day after Lou left for good and Bev hired a locksmith to change the locks.
- Bricklayers, locksmiths, carpenters and other skilled workers had their workshops there.
- These ranged from gunsmiths to locksmiths, farriers, nailmakers, hoop makers, and shipsmiths.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.