1especie de astrágalo
- Rocky summit species include the rather rare Huddleson's locoweed, a three-to-four-inch-tall, hairy white plant that produces pink-to-purple flowers and oversize seed pods.
- Ralphs et al. suggested no difference in locoweed consumption between native cattle and cattle introduced to locoweed under natural grazing conditions.
- Bite count data were analyzed by totaling the number of bites of cool season grasses, warm season grasses, forbs, and locoweed per day and calculating a percentage of each.
- For instance, cattle could be averted to locoweed or known eaters could be removed and placed in locoweed-free areas to prevent social facilitation.
- The locoweed site was selected based on dense and uniform concentration of white locoweed.