In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1veta femininefilón masculine
- Though not especially high or otherwise conspicuous, it held within its conical flanks a silver lode of extraordinary size and purity.
- The various datolite-bearing lodes are described stratigraphically from the uppermost to the lowermost lode in the series.
- Mineralogically, the conglomerate lodes have produced many superb specimens, although they contain fewer mineral species than the fissure veins and amygdaloidal lodes.
- The Butler, Evergreen, and Knowlton lodes were explored and mined to some extent.
- Two mining companies attempted to exploit the copper lodes at different times, and both ventures ended in failure.
- Porcelaneous datolite occurred in the amygdaloidal lodes as veins, vesicle filling, and nodules.
- The rock layers surrounding coal lodes were penetrated and separated by drillers and explosives.
- Because the lode proved to be barren, very little mining was done.
- All was in readiness to start the mining of the copper lode.
- Other exhibits focus on placer and lode deposits, major gold rushes, and uses of gold through the centuries.
- Thin sandstone lenses, which showed bleaching and epidotization, were present within the lode.
- Copper also filled voids and occurred in thin fissure veins that cut the lodes.
- After two months of digging in the shimmering heat of nearby Lake Torrens, only two men remained at the mine, but no lode or vein had been located as yet.
- At the bottom of the shaft two 700-foot crosscuts were driven in a northwest and southeast direction, but only spotty mineralization was encountered in the intersected amygdaloidal lodes.
- With some luck, mineralized chunks of the conglomerate lode can still be located in the dumps with the aid of a metal detector.
- This particular color has not been found in other lodes in Ontonagon County and distinguishes datolites from this locality.
- Copper crystals from the conglomerate lode are rare and commonly exhibit the tetrahexahedral form.
- In an effort to convert copper rock into quick cash, he tried to open-pit mine the lode to extract ore as fast as possible.
- The lode proved to be spotty, showing just marginal copper mineralization.
- Many miners named their lodes for places from which they had emigrated.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.