1casa de inquilinato feminine
- In 2003, for example, the city considered a moratorium on new lodging houses amid neighbourhood ‘panic’ regarding the coming influx of students.
- ‘Almost 100 per cent of lodging houses are student houses,’ explains Mike McKean, a fire and building inspector for the city of Waterloo fire department.
- Unknown supply includes residences outside the definition of a lodging house, illegally operated lodging houses and houses where students live with parents.
- This subsection restricts the supply of licensed lodging houses, in particular residential zones of Waterloo, which keeps rent out of equilibrium.
- Part of the demolished area of Queen Street formerly contained a Ragged School and some lodging houses.
- They had no other choice but to stay in a cheap lodging house and send someone to Hoten for parts and tools, even though staying in one place was extremely risky.
- According to Chen-Wing, if the recommendation for high-density housing close to campus does not materialize, there will be more pressure on off campus housing - especially lodging houses.
- Instead, officials distribute them to hostels and cheap lodging houses around the country, where they receive clothes, food, and a small allowance, on strict condition that they do not work.
- This ward borders the west side of UW and contains the Beechwood subdivisions which are adamantly opposed to lodging houses and high-density housing.
- A lodging house is a house where more than three unrelated people live.
- Also likely to influence the race is the widely-condemned 75-metre city bylaw, which prohibits lodging houses from operating in close proximity to each other.
- Citizens who live in lodging houses, apartments and trailer parks, seem to be systematically disenfranchised by the inaccurate list.
- Some landlords endorsed the status quo, suggesting that there is no demand and that lodging houses should continue to be the solution to meeting demand for housing.
- Then Eva, who had a room in the same lodging house, had suggested that Arturo might have the answer.
- Over 500 hotels and lodging houses, hundreds of restaurants and countless retailers depend on the tourist trade in the district.
- This is ironic, especially at a time when a proposed moratorium on lodging houses could tremendously affect where and how we live.
- If more homeowners rented a room to a student the many issues around the proliferation of lodging houses would be minimized.
- She would take what she could get for the property and move into one of the towns, even if it meant renting a room at a lodging house.
- To offset these enforcement costs, the study suggested increasing the licensing fees for lodging houses.
- As it stands now, lodging houses are overvalued and can charge high rents because they don't have to worry about any new competition moving in next door.