In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1casa de inquilinato feminine
- Part of the demolished area of Queen Street formerly contained a Ragged School and some lodging houses.
- They had no other choice but to stay in a cheap lodging house and send someone to Hoten for parts and tools, even though staying in one place was extremely risky.
- Some landlords endorsed the status quo, suggesting that there is no demand and that lodging houses should continue to be the solution to meeting demand for housing.
- If more homeowners rented a room to a student the many issues around the proliferation of lodging houses would be minimized.
- ‘Almost 100 per cent of lodging houses are student houses,’ explains Mike McKean, a fire and building inspector for the city of Waterloo fire department.
- In 2003, for example, the city considered a moratorium on new lodging houses amid neighbourhood ‘panic’ regarding the coming influx of students.
- Then Eva, who had a room in the same lodging house, had suggested that Arturo might have the answer.
- This is ironic, especially at a time when a proposed moratorium on lodging houses could tremendously affect where and how we live.
- This ward borders the west side of UW and contains the Beechwood subdivisions which are adamantly opposed to lodging houses and high-density housing.
- Instead, officials distribute them to hostels and cheap lodging houses around the country, where they receive clothes, food, and a small allowance, on strict condition that they do not work.
- Unknown supply includes residences outside the definition of a lodging house, illegally operated lodging houses and houses where students live with parents.
- A lodging house is a house where more than three unrelated people live.
- Over 500 hotels and lodging houses, hundreds of restaurants and countless retailers depend on the tourist trade in the district.
- According to Chen-Wing, if the recommendation for high-density housing close to campus does not materialize, there will be more pressure on off campus housing - especially lodging houses.
- Citizens who live in lodging houses, apartments and trailer parks, seem to be systematically disenfranchised by the inaccurate list.
- As it stands now, lodging houses are overvalued and can charge high rents because they don't have to worry about any new competition moving in next door.
- Also likely to influence the race is the widely-condemned 75-metre city bylaw, which prohibits lodging houses from operating in close proximity to each other.
- To offset these enforcement costs, the study suggested increasing the licensing fees for lodging houses.
- She would take what she could get for the property and move into one of the towns, even if it meant renting a room at a lodging house.
- This subsection restricts the supply of licensed lodging houses, in particular residential zones of Waterloo, which keeps rent out of equilibrium.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.