In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Before we get carried away in praise of ourselves, note that we gain in breadth what we lose in precision, because we register the world's stimuli in logarithmic rather than linear increments.
- Gap fraction is computed by logarithmic averaging of the transmittances of subgroups of the data.
- We applied logarithmic transformation to the data when needed to reduce peak intensity ranges.
- During the early logarithmic phase of increase in log-likelihood, the genetic algorithm method of determining branch lengths seems to work quite well.
- Values of percentage of maximum conductance were transformed using a natural logarithmic transformation to meet normality assumptions.
- In a double logarithmic plot, the behavior is the following.
- Different numbers of PCR cycles were performed to determine the logarithmic phase of the reaction.
- A logarithmic transformation of the percentage of translocations and breaks was therefore performed, which resulted in a considerable straightening of the response curve.
- All cultures were harvested in late logarithmic phase.
- To control for differences in the age distribution, we analysed the logarithmic transformed variables using analysis of covariance, in which we included age as a continuous covariate.
- The logarithmic link function is a popular choice to use with this error distribution.
- Data were analyzed using Generalized Linear Models with a logarithmic link function.
- In these procedures, except for age, distributions of the biological measurements were normalized by logarithmic transformation.
- Each culture should have been in logarithmic growth phase when loaded into the microplate.
- Because LOD scores are logarithmic, reducing the significance threshold by half greatly increases the power of a study.
- As we were walking, I tried to tune out as Trent and Tristan got into a lively conversation about logarithmic functions.
- For each concentration, the dynamic surface tension data are simply fitted by a logarithmic function.
- The obtained numbers do not vary much, due to the logarithmic dependence on the segment sizes.
- The recent calculations reviewed in the article go beyond the valence approximation and attempt to improve the approach to continuum by a logarithmic factor relative to previous simulations.
- Correlations between variables were investigated by two-tailed Pearson correlation analysis of natural logarithmic transformed data.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.