In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
also loggerhead turtle
1tortuga boba feminine
- The second turtle, a loggerhead turtle, was taken in by aquarium personnel when it was still a hatchling.
- Worst off of all of them is Australia's genetically distinct loggerhead turtle.
- Early in the morning Jerry and I penetrated deep into the pre-sun depths and, turning a corner at the stern, came across a loggerhead turtle.
- A loggerhead turtle, which has been carefully nursed back to health in a leading aquarium, yesterday took off for Spain where she may soon find romance.
- Yet Europe's largest refuge for the rare loggerhead turtle faces its gravest threat: the drunken British tourist.
- Both the green turtle, which can weigh up to 205 kilograms, and the loggerhead turtle are now classified as endangered by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature.
- From the beach, we watch a loggerhead turtle swimming calmly through the clear turquoise water.
- Fisher, a 150-pound loggerhead turtle, was released into the Atlantic Ocean in July of last year after being tagged by a satellite transmitter.
- My research focus is on the decline and potential extinction of loggerhead and leatherback sea turtles in the Pacific Ocean.
- The Atlantic loggerhead turtle is found in the waters off Canada's eastern coast.
- Animal tracks, such as those of this baby loggerhead turtle, are most easily seen in snow, mud, or sand.
- The biggest problem is Caretta, a large loggerhead turtle.
- Both the leatherback and loggerhead turtle could face extinction within 10 to 30 years if international fishing practices are not dramatically altered, he added.
- I did, however, enjoy an ancient loggerhead turtle festooned with remoras and a hogfish in its distinctive night camouflage.
- WWF campaigners say the island is the second most important breeding ground for the loggerhead turtle.
- Attracted by nighttime pool lights, a disoriented female loggerhead turtle finds its way into a residential swimming pool on Siesta Key, Sarasota, Florida.
- Here you can see the southern bald eagle and Atlantic loggerhead turtle.
- She helped protect the endangered loggerhead and green turtles.
- A female loggerhead turtle, the size of a wardrobe, hovered round their heads looking for a place to put down.
- This is a specialized NGO, set up in 1983, with the main task to protect the loggerhead turtle in Greece.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.