In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1amiguismo masculinecamarillismo masculinemanzanillismo masculine Colombia
- The scramble is on to get projects onto lists for a coming logrolling of epic proportions.
- No matter how huge the benefits are, the regulation loses, unless you can get some legislative compromise or logrolling.
- There are just too many examples of Republican sell-outs and cop-outs and logrolling over liberty.
- Network distribution is a game of logrolling and leverage.
- It is also likely that developed countries will try to push for more new items in the agenda, not necessarily for their own merit, but for eventual logrolling to negotiate down counter-demands by the developing countries.
- In game-theoretic terminology, this sets their ‘discount parameter’ to a high value and encourages political logrolling.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.