In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Females who were taught not to trust strangers consistently experienced greater fear of intimacy and more loneliness than did those who were not trained to distrust strangers.
- Hopefully my loneliness hasn't permeated my writing and bummed you all out.
- She was very happy of course, but the happiness was tempered by inexplicable loneliness and a feeling almost like envy, which she tried very hard not to feel.
- Soon I realized I was using his energy to fill the loneliness I felt.
- Again and again loneliness and dissatisfaction would creep into my spirit when the parties were over and I was alone.
- Support is seen as essential as victims may quickly develop feelings of isolation, loneliness, anxiety, withdrawal or depression.
- Does the applicant act out of an aching loneliness, out of a need to have and control a source of love and affectional response?
- Nurses should be aware, however, that isolation may cause loneliness, stress, or anxiety in patients.
- But none of these figures can begin to communicate the loneliness so many survivors feel, even when surrounded by thousands of others just like them.
- Helping to ease the sense of isolation or loneliness, talk therapy focuses on revising the negative thoughts and feelings associated with depression.
- After the funeral, visits and invitations to those bereaved might help ease some of the loneliness and isolation.
- Marriage was the only thing her mother could talk about when she called home and somehow that set a raw edge to her acute loneliness.
- Elderly women score more favorably on measures of mental health and college-aged women report less loneliness if they live with pets rather than alone.
- He wept for his cousin, he wept for his loneliness, and most of all he wept for the only woman he could ever love.
- A numb frozen loneliness came over him and overpowered him.
- Many feel desperate to return to city life because of the feelings of desperation and loneliness they experience in a countryside setting.
- Crying is now seen as a normal male reaction to anything from bereavement to loneliness to a moving scene on television.
- That sense of emptiness also can be experienced as loneliness or depression, two other top triggers for your overeating.
- Indeed, being alone in a crowd can give us a profound sense of loneliness.
- What does transpire, then, is a genuine tale of loss, loneliness, and a wrenching longing for personal redemption.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.