In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Last week's long-awaited victory also served to boost the hope that the Wasps might be able to compete in this game.
- Their spokesman Graeme Frall said he hoped the long-awaited development would go ahead in 2004.
- He hopes that the long-awaited transatlantic challenge again will bring out the best in him.
- The couple plan to take a long-awaited honeymoon to Cuba in April.
- The Council hope to open the long-awaited motor taxation office there in mid-April.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.