In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(truck driver) que hace largos recorridos(bus/train) de largo recorrido(runner/race) de largo recorridoa long-distance telephone call — una conferencia (interurbana) Spain
- Federal deregulation has done the same for plane tickets and long-distance phone calls.
- They were barred from operating on long-distance routes, he alleged.
- People who use energy efficient methods for long-distance travel obtain rewards.
- It's little wonder that fewer young men want to drive long-distance trucks.
- Many people do not have a car and use buses and trucks for local and long-distance travel.
- The heady aroma of diesel and agarbatti brings to mind the dash and swagger of long-distance bus and truck drivers.
- The company regularly achieves the highest passenger satisfaction ratings of the long-distance operators.
- At a few bunks on the city's outskirts, there are also resting facilities for long-distance travellers.
- The temptation to become a long-distance lorry driver is still there.
- The TRA operates three classes of long-distance rail service and one type of electric commuter train.
- Skinner's voice has gathered the dust of long-distance phone calls.
- Sunday will feature a long-distance race for catamarans and keelboats.
- Digger has decided to use my cell phone to make long-distance calls.
- We have the best record of the long-distance train operating companies and continue to provide an excellent service.
- With long-distance travel people can be far more flexible about exactly when they travel and they can book in advance.
- Roddy himself was a long-distance lorry driver, then he moved to Edinburgh for five years.
- This year's toll of four deaths is grimly shocking and raises questions about the safety of such long-distance races.
- Midfield players are far more athletic now, resembling long-distance runners.
- They talk about the loneliness of the long-distance runner and, with no one on hand to help or comfort her, she was a picture of isolation.
- He has called for taxi operators to have a relief driver available for long-distance trips.
- He points out that the magazine shop and snack bar are mainly used by long-distance travellers who use the National Highway.
- She switches between languages when making long-distance phone calls from work.
- At the outset I assumed I would end up with two sprinters, two milers and two long-distance runners.
- Her husband was a long-distance lorry driver operating within the United Kingdom.
- Of course, this is an emerging nightmare for local and long-distance phone companies.
1to call long distance — poner una conferencia Spain
- Anyone wishing to travel long-distance in a hurry goes by plane.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.