In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A large number also suffer long-lasting psychological and emotional effects from being threatened or attacked.
- They suggest using a powder, applied with a fine but firm brush, for the most natural and long-lasting effect.
- My own experience was less dramatic, but it had a deep and long-lasting effect.
- It's only quite recently that the long-lasting and devastating effects of such chemicals on wildlife have come to light.
- The infection causes severe itching but no long-lasting effects.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.