In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(dress/shirt) de manga larga
- Abi also bought a lovely new autumn coat, some long-sleeved shirts, and a couple of fuzzy turtlenecks.
- If you go outside in the middle of the day, wear long-sleeved shirts, a hat and sunglasses.
- Minimum requirements include long-sleeved shirts and long trousers or overalls as well as safety equipment.
- They all had hooded sweatshirts, plaid shirts or long-sleeved tee shirts with jeans.
- Her gray hooded sweatshirt was pulled over a black flannel long-sleeved shirt and two tank tops.
- He had short, dark brown hair and wore a dark, long-sleeved shirt and dark jeans.
- He wore jeans and a long-sleeved knit shirt of a type of olive green that brought out the emerald of his eyes.
- She wore blue jeans and a long-sleeved white shirt buttoned to the neck.
- Just be sure to wear a sunhat and a long-sleeved high-collared shirt while you do it.
- I had on a long-sleeved shirt, a sweatshirt, and my jacket, and I was still freezing.
- The three men were also dressed alike: denim jeans, long-sleeved plaid shirts, and work boots.
- About a half an hour later she came out of her room wearing a red long-sleeved shirt with faded jeans.
- I wore a pair of faded jeans and a long-sleeved shirt that showed the name of my softball team on it.
- An Afghan man traditionally wears a long-sleeved shirt, which reaches his knees.
- He was wearing dark baggy jeans, a dark baseball cap and a long-sleeved, dark green sweatshirt with a white T-shirt over the top.
- His dark, short, spiky hair was gelled and he was wearing a dark, long-sleeved shirt with light-coloured trousers.
- This is a belted black garment with long sleeves, worn over a plain long-sleeved shirt.
- He was wearing his khaki slacks and white long-sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbows.
- Take sunglasses, a hat, long-sleeved shirts and high-factor sun-tan lotions.
- These types of necklaces are best worn with t-shirts or plain long-sleeved shirts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.