In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(dress/shirt) de manga larga
- He wore jeans and a long-sleeved knit shirt of a type of olive green that brought out the emerald of his eyes.
- He was wearing his khaki slacks and white long-sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbows.
- This is a belted black garment with long sleeves, worn over a plain long-sleeved shirt.
- Her gray hooded sweatshirt was pulled over a black flannel long-sleeved shirt and two tank tops.
- I had on a long-sleeved shirt, a sweatshirt, and my jacket, and I was still freezing.
- They all had hooded sweatshirts, plaid shirts or long-sleeved tee shirts with jeans.
- About a half an hour later she came out of her room wearing a red long-sleeved shirt with faded jeans.
- He was wearing dark baggy jeans, a dark baseball cap and a long-sleeved, dark green sweatshirt with a white T-shirt over the top.
- These types of necklaces are best worn with t-shirts or plain long-sleeved shirts.
- If you go outside in the middle of the day, wear long-sleeved shirts, a hat and sunglasses.
- Abi also bought a lovely new autumn coat, some long-sleeved shirts, and a couple of fuzzy turtlenecks.
- An Afghan man traditionally wears a long-sleeved shirt, which reaches his knees.
- Minimum requirements include long-sleeved shirts and long trousers or overalls as well as safety equipment.
- She wore blue jeans and a long-sleeved white shirt buttoned to the neck.
- Take sunglasses, a hat, long-sleeved shirts and high-factor sun-tan lotions.
- Just be sure to wear a sunhat and a long-sleeved high-collared shirt while you do it.
- His dark, short, spiky hair was gelled and he was wearing a dark, long-sleeved shirt with light-coloured trousers.
- The three men were also dressed alike: denim jeans, long-sleeved plaid shirts, and work boots.
- He had short, dark brown hair and wore a dark, long-sleeved shirt and dark jeans.
- I wore a pair of faded jeans and a long-sleeved shirt that showed the name of my softball team on it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.