In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(patient) de estancia prolongada(patient) de estadía prolongada Latin America(car park) para estacionamiento prolongado British(car park) para aparcamiento prolongado British Spain
- The large hospital, which pioneered heart transplants, does not have any accommodation for relatives of long-stay patients.
- Fifteen elderly long-stay patients in the Loher Ward and two staff have been affected by the illness.
- Examinations were carried out on other long-stay patients in Stewarts and another person was found to be infected.
- Also, I didn't know that a visa that allows a stay of three months and a day is called a long-stay visa.
- Officers only recommend it should stay open until the long-stay residents get the opportunity to move together to another Council home for mentally ill elderly people.
- Although medically fit to be discharged, some of these long-stay patients are refusing to move to step-down care because of concerns over standards in nursing homes.
- Patients in long-stay residential services in the Southeast, it's claimed, received as little as €5 of their weekly pension to spend as they wish.
- Concern arose over the fact that psychiatric hospitals and nursing homes, for example, have long-stay patients that ‘dwell’ in these institutions.
- Dutch health care has three main elements: universal insurance for long-stay care and mental health, social health insurance for those on low incomes and voluntary private health insurance for those on high incomes.
- Some of the buildings, which were used to care for long-stay elderly patients, date back to 1908.
- There would be a minimum day charge to stay in each site but long-stay residents would be classed as residents and pay a monthly rent.
- More facilities for long-stay patients and more day surgery would free expensive acute hospital beds and make better use of existing consultants before consideration is given to hiring more.
- As reported in Sunday Business Post, he even singled out which areas of the health services - accident and emergency, and long-stay patients - would be the recipient of the extra spending.
- Delays in accessing long-stay beds for these patients can range from six months up to three years.
- The final phase of the development involved the complete refurbishment of patient accommodation in the long-stay area of the hospital together with a new nurses station and treatment room.
- If we lose city spaces we will allow replacement numbers up to that level - so long as they are not long-stay spaces.
- He singled out accident and emergency services, long-stay patients and a new package for people with disabilities as priority areas for additional spending.
- If agreed, they could see a 10p an hour rise for medium and long-stay parking and 20p an hour for short stay.
- In the two decades since then, some of the hospitals have closed, and the number of long-stay patients has reduced dramatically.
- The enormous workforce and economic burden associated with long-stay ICU patients mandates testing new approaches for managing this population of patients.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.