1feminine añoranzafeminine nostalgiamasculine vivo deseomasculine vehemente deseolonging for sth/sb
- she was overcome with longing for her own country — sintió una gran añoranza / nostalgia de su país
- he felt a great longing for her — la echaba muchísimo de menos
- there was a longing for a return to peace — había un vivo deseo de que volviera la paz
- The seven surviving letters from the period detail these attempts and betray unfulfilled longing.
- Give yourself the breathing room necessary to feel your deepest longings and desires.
- I personally feel there is a deep longing for intimacy and friendship among the young.
- They combine in her mind, and she feels intense longing.
- Her poetry is nostalgic and betrays her own longing for her beloved homeland.
- I particularly liked the way they felt free to express their feelings and longings through the anonymity of their letters.
- It signifies the love and longings of the women who make it.
- Maybe it is about trying to satisfy a deep longing in the wrong ways.
- These are among the most powerful expressions of human dreams and hopes, ideals and longings.
- Their university days are always recalled with a nostalgic longing.
- The longing for comfort, for deep intimacy, impels the divorced to rush back into a married state.
- Genesis 2 implies that God made humanity male and female to satisfy the human longing for companionship.
- He had a gift for expressing the longings and anxieties of his contemporary audiences.
- Our longings go beyond the need for food, clothing and shelter.
- Suddenly Guinevere was overtaken by an intense longing for companionship.
- This looking backward and preference for bygone days involved more than nostalgic or homesick longings.
- I heard their despair and their longings to be freed to return to the life they once enjoyed.
- She'd suffered the same longing for companionship.
- The longings and legitimate desires for approval, acceptance and understanding are cut off.
- The longing for a proper home grows stronger and stronger with each passing day.