In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(binder) de anillas(binder) de hojas sueltas(folder) de hojas sueltas
- I found a loose-leaf folder of really old poems in the garage at the weekend.
- Colin took a small loose-leaf binder and a felt-tip pen from his jacket pocket.
- A woman in her sixties recited a poem from her loose-leaf notebook, neatly covered in plastic.
- My knuckles were white from clutching the loose-leaf paper so tightly.
- Inside were ten loose-leaf notebooks, crammed with sheets of paper that looked to be many years old.
- After a bit of experimentation, I was able to replicate the effect using two bottles of spice from my kitchen, a loose-leaf notebook, and a piece of cardboard.
- She shuffled tirelessly through essay after essay just to find one single piece of loose-leaf paper.
- The outline of each computer is smaller than that of a standard sheet of loose-leaf paper.
- A question formed in her eyes as she looked at him while holding the folded loose-leaf paper in her hand.
- This loose-leaf manual is divided into 12 chapters, each with its own index.
- There was a time and location written on it and a sheet of loose-leaf paper attached to the back.
- I then looked at my old notebooks from the 1950s and 1960s - loose-leaf binders with the pages falling out, many undated, just lists of numbers.
- This resource manual uses a loose-leaf format that allows for the easy addition of updates.
- I sat down and opened my olive green binder to a blank sheet of loose-leaf paper.
- Each of these, 225 pieces of paper in all, is contained in one of two white, loose-leaf notebooks that hold plastic page covers.
- Here's your schoolbag that I took last night and fill it with notebooks, folders full of loose-leaf paper, pens, lead pencils, and a medium-size binder.
- After a while, a guy came into the bar, wandered over to the pianist and handed him a loose-leaf book of sheet music.
- This manual uses a loose-leaf format that allows for easy removal of patient education handouts and easy placement of future updates.
- For two weeks he churned out almost 300 pages of paper, which he compiled into a blue loose-leaf notebook and tabbed with multicolored dividers.
- He took the binder of loose-leaf paper from her and held it in his hands.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.