In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(presidente de la Cámara de los lores y máxima autoridad judicial) Lord Canciller masculine
- Irrespective of whether there is a Lord Chancellor and an impressive new Supreme Court, the position of the judiciary has been demonstrated to be far too exposed.
- The three councils described below work together to advise the Lord Chancellor on archival matters in the United Kingdom.
- With circuit judges, Lord Chancellors have statutory power to dismiss for misconduct or incapacity.
- Off the Bill went and now it has come back with another place disagreeing with our belief that future Lord Chancellors should continue to be both Lords and lawyers.
- Before issuing either Code, the Secretary of State and Lord Chancellor must consult the Information Commissioner.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.