In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1artículo de gancho masculine
- As is commonplace in many retailing environments, Wal-Mart and other mass-market discounters sell some products as loss-leaders.
- Coupons can also be a loss-leader that brings people into the store for the coupon price but allows you to possibly sell them other items that they may need at your regular price.
- The supermarket uses this brand to hold the mass market with a small number of loss-leaders and without losing the middle to high end of the market.
- Supermarkets use bread as a loss-leader - prices are kept lower than the cost of production to attract customers.
- They could sell bread at €10c a loaf as a loss-leader, just to get customers in the door.
- He added: ‘For supermarkets, fuel can be a loss-leader and so it's part of their marketing strategy that they do this.’
- In order to encourage ongoing patronage of a particular store, loss-leaders tend to be products that consumers buy frequently.
- They use CDs as loss-leaders, selling below cost.
- To them, selling music is a loss-leader to help them sell consumer electronics.
- And I wanted to predict that one day telecom firms will offer one of their services for free as a loss-leader.
- In all these cases, the cheap loss-leaders are prominently publicized.
- German shops aren't allowed to sell goods below cost, so the retailing giant can't use loss-leaders to lure shoppers - a favored tactic in the U.S. and Britain.
- Many of the compact discs sold by the store are sold as loss-leaders to attract consumers to buy other products.
- A spokesman says the loss-leader model isn't an option for the company.
- Making use of cheaply available material, they provided a loss-leader service aimed at Europe as a whole rather than the UK.
producto que se vende con pérdida para atraer clientes
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.