In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They can be applied directly to the skin as lotions, creams or ointments.
- The best time to put on lotion is after your shower, when your skin is all dewy and your pores are open.
- If hands are washed during the period of treatment, then the cream or lotion should be reapplied.
- Surgical removal of lesions is usually only considered if other treatments such as medicines or creams and lotions are not an option.
- Use lotion or creams to soften and heal your skin if it becomes dry and cracked.
- Hydrocortisone creams and lotions may soothe your skin and relieve itching.
- Different skin creams and lotions may be more effective on dry, oily or sensitive skin.
- Sally, my wife, would rub my arm with lotion and baby oil to make the skin look alive again.
- Sometimes jaundice causes itching which can be treated with preparations such as calamine lotion.
- Doctors treat scabies by prescribing a medicated cream or lotion to kill the mites.
- Use creams, ointments, or lotion many times throughout the day to keep the skin soft.
- Most corticosteroids are available as solutions, lotions, creams and ointments.
- I went back to my hotel to apply lotion liberally to my sunburnt skin.
- Does the manufacturer recommend compatible lotions or skin moisturizers?
- A lotion applied while the skin is still wet will seal in the moisture.
- He also stresses the importance of keeping the skin lubricated with creams or lotions.
- Keep your skin moisturized using creams and lotions designed to prevent stretch marks.
- Various preparations such as lotions, gels, creams and ointments are available to suit the different areas to be treated.
- The nurses can give your child medicine to make them feel better and lotion for their dry skin.
- She had remarkably soft skin, he noticed, and wondered what type of lotion she used.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.