In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Surgical removal of lesions is usually only considered if other treatments such as medicines or creams and lotions are not an option.
- Sometimes jaundice causes itching which can be treated with preparations such as calamine lotion.
- The nurses can give your child medicine to make them feel better and lotion for their dry skin.
- The best time to put on lotion is after your shower, when your skin is all dewy and your pores are open.
- I went back to my hotel to apply lotion liberally to my sunburnt skin.
- Various preparations such as lotions, gels, creams and ointments are available to suit the different areas to be treated.
- Most corticosteroids are available as solutions, lotions, creams and ointments.
- A lotion applied while the skin is still wet will seal in the moisture.
- Use creams, ointments, or lotion many times throughout the day to keep the skin soft.
- Use lotion or creams to soften and heal your skin if it becomes dry and cracked.
- Doctors treat scabies by prescribing a medicated cream or lotion to kill the mites.
- Hydrocortisone creams and lotions may soothe your skin and relieve itching.
- He also stresses the importance of keeping the skin lubricated with creams or lotions.
- They can be applied directly to the skin as lotions, creams or ointments.
- She had remarkably soft skin, he noticed, and wondered what type of lotion she used.
- Sally, my wife, would rub my arm with lotion and baby oil to make the skin look alive again.
- If hands are washed during the period of treatment, then the cream or lotion should be reapplied.
- Different skin creams and lotions may be more effective on dry, oily or sensitive skin.
- Keep your skin moisturized using creams and lotions designed to prevent stretch marks.
- Does the manufacturer recommend compatible lotions or skin moisturizers?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.