In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1altavoz masculinealtoparlante masculine Latin Americaparlante masculine Latin America
- We have infinitely more microphones and loudspeakers than they had in the twenties.
- Information should only come through public loudspeakers and the official press.
- A loudspeaker was added to the playback system to fill in some of the higher frequency components.
- The loudspeakers are almost always the limiting element on the fidelity of a reproduced sound in either home or theater.
- At nightfall, the ceremony ended with a recorded train whistle sounding over loudspeakers.
- Hearing aids are electronic devices made up of a microphone, an amplifier, a loudspeaker and a battery.
- The loudspeaker system is usually turned up to a very high decibel level.
- To listen in, researchers record the vibrations and play the recordings back though a loudspeaker.
- The concerts are free from artificial electric sound systems, microphones and loudspeakers.
- These classes are conducted in the monastery and broadcast on loudspeakers out to the public.
- The device can also be used to accept telephone calls and conduct phone conversations over a loudspeaker.
- The loudspeaker system provided little amplification, making it difficult to hear the speakers.
- In this case, loudspeakers for the masking system were placed behind unducted ventilation grills.
- We preferred the headphones as music on the loudspeaker didn't sound too good to us.
- Hospital staff with loudspeakers appealed to the public for food and other supplies.
- A single switch controls all lights and there are separately controlled loudspeakers connected to a central system.
- The electricity reaches the loudspeaker, which converts it back into sound.
- A moment later a very slow song sounded from the loudspeakers, and Nicky asked me to dance again.
- The loud beep, which meant the loudspeaker had come on, rang through the room.
- They even figured out how to fit a loudspeaker system which ran through the whole house.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.