In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(romantic sub-plot)sub trama romántica feminine
- The relationship between the elf princess Arwen and the mortal Aragorn is padded out, as one might expect of a blockbuster with no other love interest.
- What holds the show back is a rather lame, and out of context, love interest which is so peripheral, you simply don't care if the boy gets the girl.
- This is unfortunate, given they're the film's main love interest.
- And while the St George story was lacking in any love interest, the theme of life and rebirth is a common one at the festive season.
- There is none of our modern screenwriting need to provide story arcs, lenient human touches and love interest.
- There is no love interest in Animal Farm, but there is in Nineteen Eighty-Four.
- From then on, there's no love interest: it's dour testosterone all the way.
- Thank god though a love interest was not thrown in, as usually is the case in this sort of film.
- Maid Marian, who provides the love interest, was a 16th-cent. addition to the story.
- There are no love interests and few tertiary characters to distract us from this focus.
- There is, of course, also a love interest, moments of pure comedy and all the facets that go to make up a truly great play.
- There was more politics, some love interest and buckets of ‘special’ effects.
- There is a love interest, of course, and an estranged wife thrown in for good measure, but this is not the main event.
- Except there is a love interest in his latest novel, a spiritual thriller set in an imaginary country very much like Tibet.
- I remember what I liked to read, and it always had to have a good love interest.
- Introducing love interests opens doors to all manner of excellent storylines.
2(character, role)personaje de la sub trama romántica masculine
- Fernando, a potential love interest, is the most rooted of all the minor characters.
- The role of the female love interest in Arthur was similar in style.
- I was just trying to save time since it always seems that the strong female co-star ends up being the love interest.
- As a love interest he has a shapely, feisty, post millennium, trouser-wearing stowaway called Marina.
- For a love interest, Judy has been very poorly cast.
- We don't need two Mary Sues added just for the purpose of being love interests for the guys.
- As the central love interest, he isn't charming, just irritating.
- The character of Nikki, the love interest in the novel, is particularly strong, and is again based on old colleagues.
- By giving her a love interest, the movie fits into more traditional representations of women in the filmic genre of the woman's melodrama.
- Some secretaries have also been love interests, and some have just strengthened an already strong supporting cast.
- Luckily, though, the story also has a human love interest - Tennant's girlfriend Jennifer.
- She played the love interest and she does nothing more than bounce, jiggle and ooze vapidness.
- Batwoman also had a niece and the two of them were the love interests of Batman and Robin for a short period of time from 1956 to 1964.
- Bela and Ruby are not going to be love interests unless something spectacular happens with the chemistry and it makes sense for the storyline.
- The Boss isn't the love interest, incidentally.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.