In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vida amorosa femininevida sentimental femininehow's your love life? — ¿qué tal de amores? informal
- If you want to establish clarity in your love life, you are going to have to figure out what you are really looking for.
- If he spent half the time he spends on his love life on the football training pitch then we'd be world beaters.
- She is up for almost any question, though she famously declines those concerning her love life and the father of her two sons.
- Of course, while my friends seemed to be having great love lives, my love life was lousy.
- What things do you see happening for me in the coming year as far as my love life, job, school, family etc are concerned?
- Jupiter is now in his Moon which is a strong sign that his love life will soon be back on course.
- It centres on a young English woman who moves to New York searching for a career and, of course, an exciting love life.
- Everytime stepmum and I talk on the phone, which isn't a whole lot, she asks about my love life.
- As for her own love life, it takes a turn of the better when she meets a handsome stranger while shopping in Rome.
- This Jamaican woman felt that her love life was slipping because her husband had no more interest in sex.
- Well, my two husbands were the sum of my love life and both of them were incredibly loving.
- Why risk ending up the relationship when you're happy with your love life like this.
- Don't let your love life mar your other relationships in life which are important too.
- Recently my girlfriend and I began looking for ways to rejuvenate our love life.
- I don't think it's because he doesn't like Matt but bringing up my love life in conversation is always a risk with Tom.
- So, fencing is good for the body, good for the mind, good for the dress sense and potentially good for the love life, too.
- Now Anya's a little secretive about her love life, and the rest of us spend a lot of time wondering about what's going on.
- Right now, her public profile has been sustained by revelations about her love life, and that is becoming a national joke.
- Nevertheless, the endless questions about her love life infuriated her.
- As a grown-up there is nothing worse than hearing your mother's accounts of her rejuvenated love life.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.