In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1matrimonio por amor masculine
- The idea of marriage as a love match, where two minds meet as one, is a relatively new one embraced by our generation and as a result, is raising impossible expectations and leading to huge disappointments.
- Despite her aristocratic background, her fortune was slender and her marriage a love match.
- All my life I had thought they had been a love match.
- It was also good fortune that the two were able to forge a love match despite the fact that they previously only cared for each other like a brother would a sister and vice versa.
- It is clear that it was a love match and not an arranged marriage.
- Indeed, although Harvey and Joyce become a couple, it's less of a love match than it is a meeting of two codependent people with similar neuroses.
- Marriages are supposed to be romantic love matches between two individuals with similar values and perspectives.
- There were still some in Westminster last week who suspected this was a marriage of convenience, a presentational alliance rather than a love match.
- Their marriage was both a love match and a political partnership.
- That this marriage was, and remained, a love match was not entirely due to the bride's enthusiasm for all things military.
- ‘I pretty much figured out this wasn't a love match despite your press release,’ Penelope smirked, nodding her thanks.
- Her marriage to my father was a political union and they dealt reasonably well together; but it was not a love match.
- Perhaps Emilia truly believed that it was a love match, but then she had spent little time discussing marriage with Faith before the wedding, preferring to concentrate on her other daughter's forthcoming nuptials.
- ‘Maybe it was a love match,’ I replied already knowing that that was an absurd answer.
- Marriages are not arranged, and love matches are the norm.
- Women who fervently believed in the equal-opportunity love match - sharing everything, working their way right through those pregnancies - begin to lust after the easy life and the men who might be able to provide it.
- In Iran today a love match with someone outside of the family is clearly not at all impossible, but even in such cases, except in the most westernized families, the family visitation and negotiation must be observed.
- Heads swivelled, ladies gasped and men leered, as everyone craned their neck to have a good look at the pair who were declared as ‘one of the greatest love match in all of London’ by some bloody nosy dowager.
- Frank's mom, Ruth, is deeply troubled by the love match.
- She had fancied him all along, and their marriage became a real love match.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.